70

Aurora Styles

I try my hardest to not burst out laughing, shaking my head slowly at him, "Only you would ask for a Range Rover 20 minutes after seeing their wife for the first time post car accident."

He shrugs one shoulder, eyebrow slightly twitching at the pain that must've reverberated down through his ribs, lifting my left hand to press a kiss to my engagement ring, "Well I thought I had more of a chance if I asked when your sympathy for me was at an all time high."

Laughing at him slowly, I continue shaking my head, in utter disbelief, but also not expecting anything different. If he wasn't acting like this right now, I'd be more worried than I am over him talking to me like normal. "We can talk about it at home."

His face lights up, eyes still glistening from the tears we've both been crying over the positive pregnancy test I got a few hours ago, "Fuck, yeah, that means yes doesn't it?"

I exhale, trying to keep my smile off my lips, "Well you do need a new car now..."

As Harry goes to reply, the door to his room bursts open, Harry subconsciously tugging me towards him further, his left hand still on my lower stomach, cradling our little tiny baby.

Deli pokes her head around the door and sighs in relief as Elijah does the same, both of them with sympathetic eyes. Deli is silent as she stares at us, her eyes following the path of Harry's arm, his hand disappearing between our bodies, so Elijah talks, "Sorry, we'll fuck off if you're having a moment, we were just arguing over who had to open the door and see how terrible you looked–"

"Terrible!" Harry exclaims, laughing, but wincing with every shake of his chest, "Coming from someone who hasn't seen themselves in a mirror yet, I think I pull the look off quite well."

"Aurora," Harry turns his head back down to me, his smile containing an extra hint of happiness every time we look at each other, "Be honest, how well do I pull off the sweaty, a little cut up and bruised look?"

I scrunch my brows up and look at him dumbfoundedly, sending that look to Elijah, "You two need to get serious for a second, I'm not answering that question, because you could've died a few hours ago. Can you just be normal and tell each other you're happy you're both safe and you love each other and then shut up and let us resume our conversation!"

Elijah's brows raise at my little outburst, but I'm upset they're not taking this as seriously as I am. I know that's how they cope, but today has terrified me.

I exhale heavily as the boys look at each other, Elijah raising his hand to put it over his heart, "I love you brother, glad you're safe because I don't know what flowers you want on your casket–"

"Elijah!" Deli snaps at him, pushing at his chest and sending him stumbling back through the door, back into the corridor. I'm smiling to myself as I watch her, "I swear to god, you better shut the fuck up and start being normal, because I am this close to being fed up of you! I am tired and pregnant, so I do not have the energy for you two fuckwits to be pissing me off."

Harry can't stop laughing next to me, Elijah smiling as he cradles Deli's much shorter frame into his chest, "Sorry Harry, I don't want to piss off my perfect wifey, so I am thrilled you made it out alive, and I also owe you one for saving me back there. If I wasn't hugging my perfect wife, I'd come over and join you in bed."

"Ahh that was beautiful!" Harry laughs, clutching his chest still, "I love you too honey pie, I can wait for my hug, but trust me, I'll be waiting."

Elijah grins, looking down at Deli, "Was that good enough for you? I even got a cute nickname."