Chap 1

Announcement 11/11/22
Hi !  I think the rest of the story has fewer mistakes but the first few chapters were raw. I have corrected them but I would like to remind you that there are still syntax and spelling errors and sometimes paragraphs are badly formed. I'll continue to correct this as soon as I can, but don't worry, it's  still readable! (I think)

Have a good time :)

Keith was awakened this morning by his father's screams and the sound of a broken window. 

He wanted to stay asleep, never open his eyes again and pretend that nothing mattered. But it was impossible, and it was the cries and screams of his sister Lilla that made him open his eyes again.

He threw on his jeans and his old t-shirt in  before running down the stairs to the living room where he saw his sister curled up on the floor and his father kicking her violently.

Keith was seized with a wave of anger. It wasn't unusual for his father to be violent, but he had never laid a hand on Lilla.

She was the spitting image of their mother, from her black eyes to her short, tousled brown hair ; her slim, slender figure that despite appearances was very strong and still resisted their father's blows. She had inherited from their father only the almond shape of her eyes, which is one of the few features that Keith shared with his sister.

Lilla received another violent blow to the face and lost consciousness.

"Father, stop it, you'll kill her !"

His father gave him an icy look that almost made him lose his balance. He may have been tall and well muscled. But in front of his father, he was like a lamb, powerless.

"Stay away, it's not your fucking business. That useless bitch got what she deserved !"

"Did you take that shit again? Dad, she's your daughter, you can't-"

Before Keith had time to do anything, his father pulled him by the shirt before throwing him to the ground. He felt a shrill pain that took his breath away.

His father didn't let him rest and bent down to grab him by the neck before slamming him against the living room wall.

"Listen to me, I'm tired of you doing nothing in this fucking house. You and your sister are a bunch of money suckers. "

"If you want to see her again, you better come back with some money." yelled his father, red with anger.

Anger.... It was the only emotion he had since their mother died.
Keith had very little memory of the time in his life when he was happy with his family. It was as if it had been a fever dream and nothing but pain since.
In any case, could Doume like him live in anything but pain ? 

It was his fault that the world was the way it was, or at least he carried the legacy.