Chap 20

Isaac had brought Keith to eat the evening meal, and even though he had promised that the room was not the main dining room, it looked very much like one, and Keith was not comfortable with the idea of running into other members of the royal family.

"Where are the other royals ?" Keith said worriedly.

"My parents aren't at the Palace right now, they'll be back in a week or so." Isaac said vaguely as he put a piece of duck meat in his mouth.

"Eat Keith, try the duck with the butter and garlic sauce, it's delicious."

Keith had never had the chance to eat so much, he didn't know where to start, plus there were far too many different place settings and he was embarrassed to see servants working for him. He should be the one serving.

"What's your favorite food ?" Isaac asked, taking a sip of his red wine.

"I- I love sweets... Specifically strawberry cake, it's my favorite."

This reminded Keith of his sister, he missed her, he felt guilty for enjoying such a good meal when she probably only had reconditioned food.

"That's good to know... And do you have family or something ?"

"Ah... Yes, I have a little sister, Lilla she just turned 18."

"That's nice, happy late birthday to her. And you ? How old are you ?"

"I'm 22, I'll be 23 in about 3 weeks." Isaac looked up quickly to meet Keith's eyes. The prince's face seemed to light up at the announcement of Keith's birthday. This surprised Keith, it shouldn't be that important to him.

"My god that's great ! When is the date ?"

"November 1. Excuse me, but- why are you so excited about my birthday ?"

"Birthdays are a big deal Keith, everyone loves it, you get to celebrate, you get presents, I mean it's great !"

"Yeah that's true." Keith said before grabbing some salad.

He actually loved celebrating his birthday but for the past two years he hadn't had the opportunity to do so, he was busy at work. The rest of the evening went well, Isaac kept asking questions to Keith, who sometimes had trouble hiding certain elements of his life, but Isaac still didn't know that he was a Doume so it was all right. 

The young Dolce was a really friendly and enthusiastic person, he liked to talk about anything and everything. Keith discovered that Isaac would love to travel, that he loved to read, and what Keith found most interesting was that Isaac could carve. He had never met anyone who knew how to carve and was so excited when the prince mentioned it. This led Isaac to offere to come to his studio in the next few days . 

Keith didn't think twice about it and immediately said yes, only now thinking about it in his room. It was going to be difficult to find space in his schedule to do this.

Maybe with Isaac's privileges he could free up an hour in his schedule to come see him.