Chap 41

Keith couldn't forgive himself for succumbing to Isaac's charms again, why had he let him fuck him so easily ?

He felt like the prince's whore, always coming when he needed him. He had sworn to himself that he would never let people treat him like that again, he deserved to be begged. After all, he had been treated like shit, why did he always have to be nice and bow to other people's wishes.

Okay, he admitted it to himself.. Isaac was really excellent in bed, it was always incredible. But the prince's attitude was mediocre, how can you afford to be so sweet and generous and then just disappear ?

Prince or not, Keith wasn't going to continue to be fooled by Isaac's sweet talk and angelic face. He had a day off from what the secretaries had told him, so there was some advantage to being the prince's "whore". But day off or not, the King had approved his designs, so anyway Keith just had to wait for the big day to go help set up the decor according to what he had imagined.

There was a balcony that Keith had not been able to enjoy. It was located at the back of the palace in the servants' quarters, the sun never fell on it, which was why it was meant for them.

A nice allusion. People like him had no right to the light, only  the shadow of those who ruled over them. And even when they were allowed to taste the sun it was only because they were allowed to by someone above. But people didn't complain, they had the "right to something" at least, isn't that enough ? It's probably a speech that would have made Eloise talk, she would have had all the energy in the world to get angry and revolt over things like that.

Keith really admired people like Eloise, not that he wasn't angry, but he didn't care much for this life, this world. Sometimes it made him angry, he felt like turning everything upside down, and then the next moment he thought that he couldn't take care of his sister and himself anyway, so why put his energy into people who loved their alienation.

In the meantime, even if the sun didn't touch the ground on this terrace, the view it offered was dazzling. In front of him Keith could see the horizon, there was the sea, he had never seen it, he had only heard about it from merchants or on TV in the street. It was so far away, he could only make out a thin stream of water, but that was enough to fill Keith with wonder.

He took out his old pencil with a sheet of paper he had forgotten at the bottom of his pocket and began to scribble a few lines of the landscape. He hoped that one day he would be able to paint it and pray that his memory would remain good. With the salary he would earn in ten days Keith could at least buy the primary colours and a canvas, for the brush he could make it with things he would find. But he was looking forward to painting in his cottage away from the main town while his sister rested in the grass beside him. It was an image he liked : him painting and his sister with her eyes closed in the grass enjoying the breeze, the sun and the birds singing. But there was always the possibility in his mind that he would work at the palace, which would allow him in just one year to accumulate enough for the whole life he dreamed of; or just give the money to his sister.

Keith didn't know, he was hesitating.