Chap 52

Keith was about to yawn when he noticed a commotion on his right, where the stage was, and he shifted slightly from the shadows to see what was going on. He was surprised when the king and queen, the people this party was for, finally showed up. Being almost two hours late for their own wedding anniversary was cheeky, but who was he to judge, it didn't really matter to him anyway.

Keith was about to get back in his spot but he tripped over someone's foot, again bad luck ! He had to pray that he wasn't such an important guest, even though in this kind of ceremony all the guests were important.  He turned awkwardly to discover with horror that it was indeed someone far too important.

And shit, it was really the jackpot of bad luck, he had just stumbled on the eldest of the third most important family, the Fujita.

"I am deeply sorry ! I did not notice your presence Mr. Fujita. Are you injured anywhere ?! I can immediately bring you in for treatment."

 Keith was completely panicked, he could feel long drops of cold sweat trickling down the back of his neck.

"Ah, that's alright, I've had more violent treatment than being stepped on by a servant."

"I'm really sorry, I didn't stay in my place, of course you're resistant" Keith bowed as much as he could hoping Fujita would leave without attracting attention, the royal couple was not that far away and if Rosa saw them it would be the end of his job and his golden bonus.

"Keith Sayyid..." Kai Fujita said thoughtfully. Keith didn't like that thoughtful look at all, he had been told during the introduction of the most important members that Kai was rather smart, Keith had understood that it meant manipulative and it was true that since Isaac he had had enough.

"At your service Mr. Fujita."

"Do you work here permanently ?"

"No, I was hired for the event sir"

"Oh. I see, it's a shame I would have loved to see a pretty face like yours more often" Kai said with a smile on his face before tucking back a lock of Keith's hair. He then nonchalantly left to get lost in the crowd of rich people. What was wrong with all of them ! thought Keith, They're really unpredictable and destabilizing, it's horrible. And why they like to touch people like that ! 

Keith was pulled back to attention by the amplified voice of Rosa who was standing with her husband Iker on the stage. Once again the queen was breathtaking, her crimson red dress molded her body up to her knees where it became loose to form a circle of fabric around the queen's feet. She wore a thick red cloak with fur edges of the same colour, and her silver, diamond-encrusted crown sat perfectly on top of her head. Strangely enough she seemed to be in a good mood, at least that's what she was letting on with her big smile revealing a perfect row of white teeth. If the queen was a true beauty enhanced by her clothes the king was rather bland. For a  change. Keith thought and smiled, a smile that he quickly erased when he saw the prince going downstairs hand in hand with his famous "childhood friend" Amalia Jones.

Being too focused on Rosa Baroni's outfit, Keith hadn't listened to her speech, but that didn't stop him from realising that he'd reached the part where the Queen announced her son's engagement. Isaac, as usual, was unpleasantly drop-dead gorgeous.

His hair was braided and met at the back of his neck to fall to the middle of his shoulder blades. He wore a dark blue velvet blazer with a waist cincher and velvet trousers of the same colour that hugged his muscular legs perfectly, over it he had put on a blue velvet jacket also with slightly lighter highlights, this outfit matched Amalia's dress. Her dress like Isaac's was dark blue, only at the top of it was what Keith could make out to be white nacre pearls that seemed to fall and scatter over the rest of the dress. Amalia's torso seemed to be very tight and the dress was spreading out from her hips to the floor. The end of the dress looked like it was made of feathers, or at least that's how it appeared from where Keith could see it.

Having seen enough, Keith looked away and headed for the food area to grab a tray of champagne to distract himself from the boring evening. He made his way through the crowd with the tray in hand, stopping every now and then when one of the guests asked. He had just served the last glass of champagne when he noticed from the huge clock that it was now 21:30 pm and he could now strike to his only break for the evening. He didn't refuse it, after all it had been long enough that he had been up doing nothing, it was time to sit in a quiet place and enjoy the solitude.

And for that nothing better than the terrace dedicated to the servants, and to Keith's great happiness it was vacant, as usual.