Chap 43

Anna was a girl who came from a farmer's family, everyone in her family gave gardening services at the castle or for the higher ups. She hated gardening and in any case she was not good at it, that suited her. Anna also hated her situation, she had always thought she deserved more, she was a materialistic person.

She was excellent at sewing, she always repaired the clothes of her younger sisters. Sometimes her father would bring her old cloth that the rich didn't want any more. She was overjoyed when she received it; Anna immediately started sewing to make dresses for herself. On this, she looked very much like Cinderella. The way she met Thomas was also similar to the story.

She had just turned 23 and her family had been invited because of their good service to the Moore family. The Moore's were very well known accountants and were close to the royal families. It was at one of their balls that she first met Thomas Moore, who was older than her and had a fiancée. This did not stop Anna from falling under his spell. She was not in love, far from it, she was just deeply charmed ; charmed by everything he stood for, that is to say : wealth, and power, she loved it. She gave in to it.

As soon as he broke up with his fiancée, they got married quite quickly, Anna had made sure that she was the perfect representation of a woman for Thomas. Within a year of marriage, their first child was born, four more followed. And within a year of marriage, Anna had been in intensive medical care five times as a result of "falls" and "clumsiness". Eloise had confronted her sister several times, she had even begged her to leave this man, but Anna refused. She said that it was a small price to pay for all that she had because of him. 

Anna had chosen money. And what could you do about it ?

After hearing Eloise's story Keith felt bad for thinking he could compare his little love story with what Eloise was going through. He hadn't known what to say to his friend, so he had just cuddled her. At the end of the day they were both back in their room, Keith took a nice hot shower to relax and picked up a book before lying down in bed. He thought how little good was left in this world.

We should have given ourselves up in the collapse.