Chap 36

Rosa had sat down next to her husband and son who had not said a word since the beginning of the "interview". Iker had been sitting passively watching the scene while looking at his watch at regular intervals. Isaac's stance hadn't really changed since Keith had entered the room. He simply looked more composed than earlier.

Keith had been standing in front of them, not sure if he should be doing anything else, so he waited awkwardly for an order. He was no better than a robot that didn't know how to act outside of its program. Rosa and Iker were talking to each other in a low voice, the queen was giving Keith several sidelong glances while grinning. Isaac had come out of his daze and was looking at Keith as if he was apologizing for the situation he was in.

Keith really didn't want his sympathy, he felt insulted. The prince had clung to Keith for the last two weeks and then ignored him for ten days, only to see him again, not as a personal act, but rather as a gesture from his parents, in order to "offer" him a job. Keith looked away to put his eyes back on the royal couple.

Iker stood up, "That'll be all for us Keith Sayyid," he said as he took his wife's hand.

Rosa walked down the few steps in a graceful manner before resting her attention on an uncomfortable and intimidated Keith.

"I hope to see you again soon, you seem to be a person... full of surprises" Rosa had said this sentence while throwing a slight sideways glance in the direction of Isaac.

She left the room with one of her characteristic grins. Keith did not move, he waited for Isaac to leave as well, but he seemed to have decided otherwise. Keith felt the presence of the prince getting closer, he looked away from the door where the couple had come out to focus on the last member of the royal family.

"I'm glad to see you again Keith. I've missed you" Isaac had reached out to caress Keith's face who pulled back almost immediately after feeling Isaac's touch.

The prince frowned before moving even closer to Keith who felt even more uncomfortable since they weren't alone in the room.

"What is it ?" said Isaac in a concerned tone

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry but I have work to do."

"The rest of the day is empty, we've cleared your schedule. Why do you try to avoid me ?"

"What ? You've cleared out- I.. And no, I'm not avoiding you, you're the one avoiding me !"

Keith was so frustrated, why did Isaac always have to know what he had to do during the day ?! And then he was quite cheeky to tell him that Keith was the one who wanted to avoid him when Isaac had been doing it shamelessly for ten days!

"I didn't- oh.. God, Keith are you mad because we haven't seen each other for the last few days ?"

"Of course not, I'm not mad about that..."

"You're adorable Keith."

"Can I go now, your majesty ?!" Said Keith rolling his eyes before stepping back from Isaac who was laughing.

"My god ! No, you stay" Isaac had grabbed Keith by the waist before pulling him back roughly against his firm, muscular torso that vibrated with Isaac's laughter.

"You stay with me and stop calling me majesty" Isaac took Keith's lips between his own to bring him into a deep kiss.

Keith succumbed immediately and deepened the kiss even more, while biting Isaac's lips to blood in an act of revenge.