The arrival

Chapter 3: The arrival

Rimuru POV

It's morning, the sun rises and Ciel just woke me up from my slumber. Well, I can't really sleep, so it's more like putting my mind in an inactive state for a long period of time. I then slowly opened my eyes, I don't have eyes in my slime form, but the feeling is similar, so I'll go with that. Then I jumped from the bed to the window and sighted.

I could spend my entire life just watching the city...

{Yes, but unfortunately, master have work.}

Yeah, yeah I know, but I can still stay here a few minutes, can't I?

{...}

I then passed around fifteen minutes at the window watching the town. We are in the capital city and the people start to wake up slowly. I am quite proud to have founded this nation with my subordinates. We had some issues at the beginning, but now it's nice and calm, people come from everywhere to Tempest because we accept everyone no matter what. Well there are some exceptions, but that's not the main point here.

The view is really wonderful from here isn't it, Ciel?

{Yes master... but you need to finish your paperwork fast for tomorrow.}

Why... ?

{...}

What is it now?

{Tomorrow the leader of Nazarick is coming to see you.}

Oh, you are right!

{...}

I then quit my house and started walking through the town's roads, people greeted me as always and so did I. When I arrived at my office, Shion greeted me and give me the important news. She didn't tell me all of them because we have a morning meeting almost every day for about an hour, and it starts soon. These meetings are a way for my executives to give me their reports and all, it's boring, but it's required, like paperwork.

"That should be it for the important matters. Oh, Lord Rimuru, Geld informed me that they finished building the city." said Shion.

"They already finished?" I asked.

"Yes!" she responded.

Then, if the city is done I want to see it, Ciel, please...

{Understood, using -universal sense- in the parallel world to see the entire city.}

At that moment I could see it all, the entire capital. It is quite the city if I do say so myself. After the war, the executives voted to rebuild the capital because they thought it would be better if we reorganized everything. To do that I created a parallel world in which only the future city's terrain existed and sent Geld's team to work there. In that parallel world one year was about a day or two here, so the work seems to have gone fast but in reality it took them a lot of time. The city is surrounded by walls to keep the enemies away. At first, I thought it wouldn't be useful thanks to the technology developed by Vesta and co, but they insisted on doing it for aesthetic, same for the castle. I don't like big and luxurious places or things dedicated to me, like the slime statue, but they insisted for about a year and I ended up unwillingly accepting the castle construction project.

*Start of the flashback*

"Lord Rimuru, w-we would like to..." the executives started to say and when I saw their eyes and faces, that's when I knew what they were going to say.

"I've already refused the proposition." I almost yelled.

*Pleading eyes from the executive.*

{*giggle*}