Prologue (reworked)

Disclaimer:
This is a fan-fiction, meaning that;

1) I can write the story as I see fit.
2) I did not create the original stories and only took inspiration from them.

Timeline;
TTIGRAAS: After the end of the story.
Overlord: Start of the story.

(Note: Do not expect scheduled posting, I do this for fun.)

-

More information:

"spoken dialogue"

[Thought Communication]

{Ciel talking}

"(quiet speaking/whispering)"

internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

*information*

'quote'

-

Chapter 1: Prologue

3RD person POV

After twelve years of running, the D.M.M.O.R.P.G. called YGGDRASIL closed its servers. When the closure's time arrived, Momonga, the leader of the guild Ainz Ooal Gown, was waiting for the shutdown before going to sleep. The shutdown was supposed to happen at midnight, but he soon discovered that the deadline had passed and that the game hadn't shut down. Instead, Nazarick, the tomb that his guild created and used has a home, the NPCs and himself were transported into another world. Momonga sent his new self-aware subordinates to figure out where they were. After a few investigations, they found out that Nazarick was in an unknown land. Little did they know that this was the Land of Puppets, once ruled by Demon Lord Clayman. Momonga renamed himself Ainz Ooal Gown and started to prepare to spread his new name to the world in hope to find another player of YGGDRASIL.

*Meanwhile*

The Demon Lords were having a banquet called Walpurgis, this was to decide who will rule over the land left behind after the death of a certain former Demon Lord. The reason they didn't do it earlier is that everyone had other business to do, things 'more important' they said. However, right before a decision was made, Rimuru Tempest, the strongest of them all, received a message from Ciel, his manas.

{A portal toward another dimension has opened in the Land of Puppets, this portal has teleported a building in this world and closed itself.}

Whaaaa ? What do you mean by that?

{As I said, a portal opened and closed itself after transporting a building.}

Okay then, what is this building?

{A tomb.}

A tomb?

{Yes, this structure that humans use to bury dead bodies. It is a strange behavior. After burying them they-}

I know what a tomb is! But why would a tomb appear out of god knows where?

{Master, you do not know where. Therefore, this assessment is incorrect.}

*Awkward silence*

Sooooo, back to the topic. Have you any suggestions for what to do?

{You should inform your fellow Demon Lords}

I am on it.

"Ahem..." Rimuru got everyone's attention, and he said "I received some... intriguing news."

"What do you mean by 'intriguing'?" asked Guy.

"Well, you see, this land we are talking about. Well, it seems a portal appeared and transported something there." he responded.

"I see... It is some intriguing news."

"Yeah, so you should-" the blue-haired being tried to say.

"Then I am sure you can handle it well as always." interrupted the world's overseer.

The others agreed with a nod and a little Mhm sound.

{*giggle*}

"E-Eeeh!?" exclaimed the king of Tempest.

You knew he would do that, didn't you, Ciel!

{Answer: Unable to answer.}

Of course, you cannot answer now.

*Sigh* "Fine... I'll do it, but don't complain if it doesn't end up like you wished for, Guy." said the slime.

"Of course." Guy responded.

The red primordial clapped his hands and said "Well then, Walpurgis is adjourned."

With that said most of the Demon Lords stood up and left while whispering things such as "(All of this for nothing.)" or "(Such a waste of time.)". Only Luminous, Milim, Ramiris, Rimuru and Guy didn't. They were here for the banquet that happened after the discussion, probably just for the food. After all, as always, Rimuru brought Tempest's finest culinary work.

(Note: I hope you enjoyed, please leave a review.)

Next time: The envoys
Approximately 654 words.