The Greats' Meeting

Chapter 4: The Greats' Meeting

3RD person POV

Rimuru made his way to the meeting room while Diablo escorted Ainz group to the city hall. They entered and were welcomed by a 16-year-old looking girl. She had pink hair and two white horns coming from her forehead. She greeted them in a calm but certain voice, and so did they. They then walked through the hall, the building was refined with expensive-looking decoration, it was fitting for a good ruler such as Lord Tempest. The Oni asked them how they would like to be introduced, and she was told their titles. Upon arrival at the meeting room door, Shuna knocked and entered, she then informed the guild members where to sit and headed to Rimuru's side.

They were sitting at the end of the table in front of the King who was behind a desk. 'I expected to be received in the throne room... Why are we just in a normal meeting place? Maybe it has to do with the 'The Great Transfer' thing that Diablo explained to us.' is what Ainz thought. Now looking at the slime, he was 16-years-old looking like the Oni, but he had blue-silver hair and golden eyes, he was wearing his habitual 'work' outfit. The heteromorphic guild stared at him for a few seconds before the Shrine Maiden talked.

"Introducing the Undead King, Ainz Ooal Gown, from The Great Tomb of Nazarick. Beside him stand Lady Albedo and Lord Demiurge of the floor guardians." Shuna said while moving her hand in their direction.

"Greetings, I am Rimuru Tempest, but please call me Rimuru." said the Demon Lord with a warm smile. He didn't say his title to prevent wrong reactions from the guests.

The meeting continued for some hours. The two parties discussed mutual benefits of an alliance. Demiurge believed more and more that Rimuru is someone who would be beneficial for them to have under their hand. Albedo was waiting for the order to dispose of this trash in front of her and Ainz was more convinced by the minute that Rimuru was from Japan. He asked some trick questions that you need the other world's knowledge to answer correctly, and it paid.

Albedo POV

Since we arrived at this 'country' I was told by Lord Ainz to only act on his commands. That is why I restrained myself all along during our little visit to the town. However, I can't keep up anymore, this trash is not worth even talking to Lord Ainz! But I don't understand though, each time I look at him, he seems interested in this lowly human (Note: Nazarick's members don't know he isn't human, for now.). He even stopped me from moving a few times when I was going to crush this ant. Well I don't mind being restrained by Lord Ainz... I just hope it will be somewhere else. *Blushing* I will wait for my Lord, if that is what your wishes are, I will do everything to achieve them Lord Ainz...

*While Albedo daydreams and ignores the meeting.*

Demiurge POV

It is such I sight, each word coming from Lord Ainz has a hidden meaning. He is trying to subdue information about this human without him noticing, how splendid. However, there is still something I don't understand.

How are there this many monster races under the rule of a human? Is he perhaps not human at all? It could explain a lot about him and this country...

Ainz POV

When he responded to my questions I could easily determine that he was from Japan, but the doubt still remained. I couldn't discover if he knew or came here like me from YGGDRASIL. I didn't want him to think I was crazy by asking random questions about things this world doesn't have. Anyhow, after a few more hours of discussion, it was around midnight, and we had no more to talk about, so we left to our rooms. However, before leaving the room, Rimuru handed a gift to me. It was in a fancy little blue package with a red ribbon, there was a piece of paper hanging from the ribbon and on it was a note: 'Open this when you are alone, fellow otherworlder.'