Rulers

(Note: Sorry it took a while, but I am back and here to deliver a new chapter. You should know that I have less and less time to write, so chapters will take longer than before. Also, in the last chapter, during the discussion between Ciel and Rimuru at the end, some of you might have thought I was doing a ship, however it wasn't the case. This scenario was just to demonstrate how Guy does the same thing he did with Leon to Rimuru and Rimuru just endures, but still pushes him away like Leon did. It also shows that Ciel messes with Rimuru about that because she thinks he should do something instead of letting it off the hook each time. For more details, Rimuru let it loose because if he were to beat Guy up he would have to take his seat as the Demon Lords' ruler, which he doesn't want, even though he is the strongest and is called a God. If you have any other questions about that, just ask away.)

Chapter 9: Rulers

Rimuru POV

*Few days earlier*

Today really is the best day of my entire slife. I woke up in my bedroom to the melodious sound of screams. It was Milim play- ahem, training with Gobta, I hope at least. They do this often however, not in the palace... normally...

Maybe something is wrong... Not my problem, I have lots of paperwork. Even though I did everything to dit- I mean, share the work, I have quite a number of it today.

Thus, I headed toward my office for work. On the way there I was greeted by many people as always. These guys are the ones that keep the castle running. Without them, I think the place could be confused with ruins. Many nobles and royal families don't care about the citizens that work for them, they consider them as trash or simple servants. However, I am not like this, that is why I greet them in return and acknowledge their exploits with praise and sometimes gifts.

Now entering the office there is a certain Oni already waiting to force work-... I mean pouring tea for me. It's Shuna, she always helps me and is always devoted to the country. There is also Shion, who is also in the office. She helps more and more these days. Before she never stopped arguing with Diablo about who is the best secretary and all, so I made a drastic change. I told Shion that she was the secretary, meaning she is to inform me of the important news, plan the schedule and more. However, that didn't help because Diablo was throwing a tantrum, so I assigned him as my personal butler instead, which didn't change their behavior. Now they fight about who is the most helpful and all, it is such a drag, really...

"You will finish your work today, huh, Lord Rimuru." Shuna said with a scary look.

Was it even a question... ?

"Of course I will, I always do!" I responded and she left.

Anyhow, I sat and said "What is on the list today, Shion?"

"Today's schedule is-" she started and concluded with "-that's what is on today's agenda."

*Discussion with Ainz*

I let out a little "Oh..."

"Is there something wrong, my Lord?" she asked out of concern.

"I just received some interesting news."

"What kind, if I may ask."

Huh! Ciel, is that really Shion?

{It is indeed Shion.}

Then why is she acting like that?

{The reason she is acting like this is most likely because she tries to prove herself better than Diablo.}

I should have guessed...

"Remember the ruler I met recently?"

"Yes."