The Raid

Chapter 7: The Raid

3RD person POV

*Few weeks earlier.*

When the Great Tomb of Nazarick entered this world a group of adventurers was doing a mission in the Land of Puppets. They were minding their own businesses until a structure appeared out of thin air in front of them. It looked like a tomb, but 'why would a tomb come from thin air... could it be that it was hidden with a spell?' was what they thought. They finished what they had to do and headed back to their country which is in the Barren Lands.

When they arrived they rapidly told the story about the structure to their guild master to which he sent a message to the King. Normally, this wouldn't be necessary, but because it appeared out of thin air and was in a 'No Ruler Decided For Now' area it was. The ruler then responded by demanding the sending of a party to explore the tomb. However, little does this King knew, this building was now an ally of Tempest, the country to which every sane person knows not to mess with.

Rimuru POV

*Present day.*

It's morning, we just finished the meeting, and I was doing the weekly paperwork I have to do. It isn't multiple giant piles of paper now, it is more like 10-20 sheets depending on the city's activity. The paperwork is mainly just approving the projects that already are approved by the executives. However, I still need to put my seal on it to confirm I have seen it, at least. Apparently it is something common for countries to have their ruler approving, or more like saying 'I saw it', on big things such as a new public building or road. My seal is a slime with two wings sprouting from the back.

 My seal is a slime with two wings sprouting from the back

(Note: Something like this.)

While I was doing the work a familiar figure teleported in the room, it was a young-looking Fair Oni, with blue hair and eyes with a withe horn on his forehead.

"Souei, something to report?" I asked the Oni whiteout looking up from the paperwork. I am now used to him suddenly appearing.

"Yes I have." he said and bowed.

"What is it?" I demanded, still looking at the paperwork.

"My troop have spotted a group of approximately 100 adventurers heading towards Nazarick. While listening to their conversations, we learn that they were heading to raid the tomb and were coming from a foreign nation." said the Oni.

I looked up and said "I see... Send a messenger to this nation to inform them to not mess with this place and tell Adalman to come see me. Then, continue to investigate while reporting the major information to me and Adalman via -Thought Communication- so he can manage with the Nazarick leader."

"Yes my Lord." he said before teleporting away, not thinking too much about the last part.

I then mumbled a little sad "I think we can't do anything for these adventurers now... They have sealed their faith by going there, not my problem right now."