Chapter 4

Hey guys, Butterlover328 here and I just want to apologize for not posting in a while. I just forgot and things have been really busy these past few weeks (I went to my first prom last weekend!!) so I hope you can forgive me. This chapter has not been edited so I could get it to you guys faster, and I'm also posting the next two chapters today as wl, despite it being a day early for a noreal post. Anyways guys, I hope you enjoy the chapter. Bye!!

~Butterlover328

A tall, grey-haired witch in emerald green robes stood there, her posture and stern aura showing that she was not someone to cross.

"The firs' years, Professor McGonagall." Hagrid said.

"Thank you Hagrid, I will take them from here." She replied, opening the door once again. The first years filed through after her and gaped in wonder and awe as they caught sight of the inside of the castle. The professor stopped in front of a double doorway and turned to face the students.

"Welcome to Hogwarts." Professor McGonagall started into a speech it was obvious she has said multiple times before. "The start-of-term feast will begin shortly, but before you take your seats in the Great Hall you must be sorted. The Sorting Ceremony is a very important ceremony because while you are here your house will be like your family within Hogwarts. You'll have classes with the rest of your year mates in your house, sleep in the house dormitories, and spend free time in your house common room."

"The four houses are called Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw and Slytherin. Each house has its own noble history and each has produced outstanding witches and wizards. While you are at Hogwarts your triumphs will earn you house points and any misdemeanors will lose house points. At the end of the year, the house with the most points will be awarded the house cup, a great honor. I hope each and every one of you will be a credit to whichever house becomes yours."

"The Sorting Ceremony will take place in a few minutes in front of the rest of the school. I suggest you all smarten yourselves up as much as you can while you are waiting." McGonagall said, eyeing Ron's wet robes and hair with disapproval.

"I shall return once I am ready for you." With her speech over, she entered the room ahead. Hermione went over to Ron.

"I can dry your clothes if you want, but you have to stand still. Got it??" She asked. Ron grudgingly agreed and she dried his robes with a cleaning spell. The other first years were amazed at her skill, which made her blush and tuck her head into her chest to hide her face. She waled back to the front, where her friends had been. 

"Does anyone know how we get sorted?? It didn't say in Hogwarts, A History." Hermione asked. Ron walked over, his embarrassment forgotten now that he was dry again.

"My brother said we had to fight a troll." He boasted arrogantly.

"Do you really think that they would set a troll loose on children that don't know magic yet?? It would end up killing everyone!!" Draco sneered at Ron. Ron 'harrumphed' and stormed away, frustrated at being outsmarted by a Malfoy. Harry turned to Percy.

"I think you were right. Ron doesn't seem like he would be a good friend." He said a little sheepishly.