Chapter 15 (Part 5)

Hey guys, Butterlover328 with the final part of Chapter 15! (Yep, you saw that right. Final part. We did it, guys!) I'm so excited to let you guys read the finale to this long, grueling chapter. It took me a full year to finish this chapter, but 20,000 words later, we are finally at the end of the Philosopher's Stone. (Except for the small stuff like the End-of-Year Feast and that stuff. That's for the next chapter.)

So what does the next chapter have in store? Well, to quickly summarize it, it's going to tie up most of the loose ends from the Philosopher's Stone, finish off those last few details, and then it will transition right into the Lightning Thief. We already saw a few parts of it already due to Alecto's appearance as well as meeting Chiron and Grover in the Forbidden Forest, but this will take us neck deep into the plot of the Lightning Thief. Be prepared for it to be a pretty quick chapter to upload, as I've already written about 7000 words of it, (Vacation's a beautiful thing, isn't it? It's too bad that was my last one for the summer, especially since I now have only two weeks until school starts.)

But that's not all! Next chapter will feature an Interlude that will have what a lot of you have been waiting for; Dumbledore's thoughts on the year. That's right! I'm writing a chapter just on Dumbledore. It's going to be a doozy, that's for sure. (Bring on the angst and stereotypical villain monologuing, it's going to be a rough ride.)

But anyways, let's get to what you're really here for, alright? The final part of Chapter 15. I hope you guys enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it (right after I got past my writer's block for the fight scene, that is). I'm going to stop writing this A/N now, or else I'm never going to get this chapter actually published and I'll end up leaving you guys on a cliffhanger. (Which I already did for a week and a half. Hehe, sorry about that!) Anyways, I'll see you guys later! Bye!

~Butterlover328

P.S. Thank you guys for all the support you have given me over the past year! Without it, I probably never would've gotten through this chapter. Seriously, you guys mean the world to me. Anyways, onto the chapter!

When Percy would try to recall what happened after he heard Draco's screams, he wouldn't be able to remember how he got out of the chair he had been tied to or how he had knocked Voldemort's wand out of Quirrell's hand. He wouldn't be able to recall how he had instinctively taken out Riptide and sliced through the ropes like butter as he unsheathed the sword. He wouldn't remember preparing to run at Voldemort, only to trip over himself and tackle the madman, which broke the concentration needed for the spell as well as made the wand fall out of his hands as Voldemort tried to stabilize himself. He wouldn't remember how Quirrell had gripped Percy's arm tightly as a last minute effort to remain upright, but ended up overexerting himself and pulling the both of them down on the Mirror of Erised, which tipped over from their combined weight and crashed to the ground, completely shattering the mirror and scattering the glass all over the floor of the chamber.

The one thing Percy would remember as he fell into the darkness was a horrifying scream filled with anger ripped itself from Quirrell's throat as Voldemort decided to exorcise himself from his host's dying body as it bled out onto the floor. Quirrell was left to die, as he was too weak from the overuse of magic to survive, and he collapsed, too weak to even take another breath.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Percy woke up with a groan. He tried to go back to sleep, but the shouts of alarm to his right refused to allow his drag his sluggish state of consciousness back under again.