Chapter 7

"No fair!! I always miss out on the fun." Harry said, acting completely childish. If he crossed his arms and pouted he would've looked like a five year old who had been denied the chance to get ice cream or a new toy.

"I know, but that's why tonight you and I are going to the forbidden corridor and investigating." Percy grinned at the idea.

"But I thought we weren't going to go up there since Dumbledore wanted me to stop some evil wizard from getting the artifact." The boys grew silent as Madam Pomfrey came over and gave Harry some final examinations and discharging him from the Hospital Wing. Harry and Percy resumed talking in the corridors after putting up a privacy charm. 

"We weren't, but in case something happens we need to know our surroundings and what obstacles are against any intruders. Plus, you were bedridden and I thought a change in scenery would be nice." Percy explained. Harry though it over before conceding. His twin grinned.

"Great. We'll go after dinner."

"Are we bringing any of the others??" 

"No, for once it will just be me and you bro." Percy slung an arm around his brother's shoulder and the two walked like that to class, not giving a care in the world.

At dinner, the two boys couldn't concentrate on the conversation their three friends were having and pushed around their food in anxiety. Hermione scrunched her her nose.

"You two are up to something, aren't you??" She said, making the question should more like an accusation.

"Maybe." Percy grinned in anticipation of the adventure fit for the twins tonight. 

"As long as you don't get us killed, or worse, expelled, we should be fine. Who's involved??" 

"Just Percy and I, we don't want any of you three to get in trouble." Harry piped up. Neville looked uneasy, and Hermione and Draco tensed as the same feeling they experienced the day Harry almost got electrocuted pulled at them.

"Good luck." Draco managed to spit out without worrying the boys before they continued eating. 

The two boys left the Great Hall when everyone was finishing up and hid in a abandoned bathroom on the second floor until all the footsteps were gone, and they met up with a strange ghost who looked quite similar to Harry if he was female. Percy kept watch while Harry made polite conversation with the ghost to keep her occupied. As the last footstep echoed throughout the hall, the two crept quietly to the forbidden corridor. Percy unlocked the door and entered the room first, followed closely behind by Harry, who was in awe of what laid before them.

"Percy!! Do you know what that is??" Harry jumped up and down excitedly.

"No. Why, am I supposed to??" 

"That's a Cerberus!! A three-headed dog that supposedly guards the entrance tot he Underworld in Greek Mythology. Although, I thought the Cerberus was just a myth. But this, this is flesh and blood!!" Harry grinned at his brother.

"Okay, but how do I subdue or kill it!? Either way is fine." Percy was warily watching the doors and all three heads at the same time.

"Um, I don't know!! Maybe it's hungry or it wants to play?? It's a dog!!" Harry tried to think of something to distract the Cerberus when he noticed a trapdoor underneath it's left paw. 'So that's where the artifact is.' Suddenly, and idea struck him and he pulled out his wand.

"I don't think spells will affect him Harry." Percy said as he ducked under another head. 

"I've got an idea!! Just keep distracting it and don't get killed in the meantime!!" 

"No promises!!" Percy jumped back and narrowly avoided a head that was trying to bite him. 

Harry nudged the door open a bit and said the incantation. "Accio rubber ball!!" He whispered, watching and waiting for for something to happen.

"Anytime now Harry!!" Percy was becoming exhausted and his moves were becoming sluggish. 'I really didn't think this through, did I??' 

"I'll be there in a moment." Right as Harry said that, he noticed a small object racing towards the door at a break neck pace. He reached out and snatched it right out of the air.

"Alright Percy, move out of the way!!" Percy ducked under one last head and rolled to the door next to Harry, covered in sweat.

"Here boy!! You want the ball?? Do you want the ball??" Harry asked in the same manner a person would speak to a dog. At 'ball', two of the three heads snapped up and looked at Harry's hands, showing the large red rubber ball, while the third still looked suspiciously at the two boys. Harry threw it to the other corner of the room, and two heads dragged along the third in their scrabble for the ball. The boys scrambled for the door as fast as they could, and locked it before breathing a sigh a of relief as the adrenaline left them.

"Well, that was enough excitement for one night. Let's head to bed before we're discovered by a prefect or a teacher." Percy said, breathing heavily and looking like he was about to pass out.

"Okay, but did you see the trapdoor?? That's where the artifact is being hidden!! I know it is!!" 

"I'm pretty sure that the Cerberus is not the only thing guarding the artifact, there's got to be more. But did you notice that the door was unlocked by 'Alohomora'?? That's a first year spell!! I know better locking charms than that, and it's supposed to be protecting children from that thing and dark wizards!!"

"I know!! And there are also wards that can keep others out, and Dumbledore isn't using any of them at all!!" Harry ran his hand through his hair as they got to the portrait. 

"Pig snout." The twins said in unison. The Fat Lady let them through and they immediately crawled into bed, and fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow.

Hey guys, Butterlover328 here and I apologize for this being so short a chapter. I had intended this to be part of the last chapter but I was already late and this scene hadn't even been started. I promise that the next chapter will be as long as the others, I just needed to get something posted today. If I can, I'll see if I can finish the next chapter and double update today to make up for it, but don't get your hopes up. I also apologize about the quality of the chapter, this is definitely not my best work, but I didn't want to disappoint you with promising to upload and then not doing so.

~Butterlover328