Chapter 9

Hey guys, Butterlover328 here with the next chapter of The Potter Twins. Now, let me warn you guys first that I would've skipped this chapter from canon altogether (and will probably delete most of it when I do a full scale edit on this story) but the end of the chapter is what starts off the search for the stone, so I had to keep it in here originally. Anyways, I hope you like it!!

~Butterlover328

P.S (I almost forgot to mention this, but since I don't know who the canon Ravenclaw players are in first year, I made up names.) Hope you enjoy!!

The Quidditch season had finally begun. Draco had been training for weeks and he would finally be playing his first match, Ravenclaw vs. Gryffindor, later that day. He was nervous, but his friends were doing all they could to support him, including cheering for him despite being the opponent.

However, Draco was slightly annoyed when they were shoveling food onto his plate and forcing him to eat, despite his protests.

"You have to eat something, Draco." Percy persisted.

"I'm not hungry." 

"You need your strength for the game." Harry said, taking the tongs and putting a few breakfast sausage onto his friend's plate.

"I don't want anything."

"Please Draco, for us??" Neville asked uncertainly.

"I'm not budging." Draco started acting childishly, crossing his arms and pouting, which led to Hermione picking up a pancake, stomping on his foot so his mouth would open, and then shoving the pancake in his mouth. Draco glared at his female friend, but when Hermione glared back, he choked down the food.

"There, I ate something. Happy now??" 

"Extremely." Hermione smirked.

By eleven o'clock, the whole school was out in the stands around the Quidditch pitch, holding binoculars and talking excitedly to their friends. Harry, Percy and Neville had snuck into the Ravenclaw seating area and met Hermione in the front row. The Ravenclaws around them gave the three curious glances, but soon ignored the three Gryffindors, as they were always with Hermione and Draco and never taunted or cursed a Ravenclaw.

The four friends turned their attention to the pitch, where the players were walking out. After a few words from Hooch, the players mounted their brooms and rose up into the air. Draco and the Gryffindor seeker flew higher than the rest, before Hooch blew the whistle and the game started.

"The Quaffle is immediately taken by Angelina Johnson of Gryffindor - what an excellent chaser that girl is, and rather attractive too-" Lee Jordan, a friend of the Weasley Twins and commentator for the Quidditch matches said, only to be interrupted by Professor McGonagall, who was making sure that he wasn't that biased in his commentary.

"JORDAN!!" 

"Sorry Professor."

"Johnson's really belting along up there, a neat pass to Alicia Spinnet, back to Johnson and - oh, intercepted by Connor Ryan of Ravenclaw, and off he goes. Ryan's flying like an eagle, or should I say a raven- he's going to sc- no, stopped by Keeper Oliver Wood from Gryffindor. Wood gives the Quaffle to Chaser Katie Bell of Gryffindor, who makes a nice dive around Ryan, off up the field and- ouch, that must've hurt, hit in the side by a bludger. Ravenclaw takes the Quaffle, that's Sara Kalaf speeding off towards the goal posts- she's really flying- Keeper Wood dives- misses- Ravenclaws score!!" 

The Ravenclaws and Slytherins filled the cold air with cheers, as the Gryffindors minus Harry, Percy and Neville groaned.

"Gryffindor in possession, Chaser Bell ducks two bludgers, two beaters, and Chaser   Ryan, and speeds towards the- wait a minute,- was that the snitch??" Lee Jordan continued.

The crowd murmured in excitement as Draco and the Gryffindor Seeker dived down, however with the Nimbus 2000 his father had given him when he came to observe the school as a member of the Board of Governors, Draco quickly ditched the Gryffindor seeker and caught the snitch, the final score being 160-30, the game over in 20 minutes.

The Ravenclaws went off to party in their common room, but Hermione and Draco had stayed back and the twins decided to introduce their friends to Hagrid. When the five walked to the hut, Hagrid had greeted them from his garden.

"Hiya Harry, Percy. Who're your friends??" 

"Hagrid, this is Draco Malfoy, Hermione Granger, and Neville Longbottom. Guys, this is Hagrid." Harry introduced. Hagrid was a little surprised that the twins were friends with a Malfoy but accepted it and invited the first years inside for tea.

"I was watchin' from me hut, but it isn't the same as bein' in the crowd. Congrats on the catch by the way, Draco. Yer nearly pulled off a Wronski Feint." 

Draco beamed with pride as he was complimented, and the topic of conversation turned from Quidditch to what happened on Halloween. Harry told Hagrid about fighting the troll, and Percy was telling in the middle of telling Hagrid his story.

"So when I finally found Quirrel, he was stuck in between a Cerberus and Snape, and at that moment I-" Hagrid had started coughing, making Hermione jump up from her seat and slap him on the back multiple times until he stopped. When she was met with confused gazes from Draco and Neville, her face flushed lightly.

"It's the muggle way of getting someone to stop coughing." She explained. The two wizards nodded.

"How do you know about Fluffy??" Hagrid asked when he stopped coughing, making the five first years turn to him.

"Fluffy??" Neville asked.

"Yeah- he's mine. Got him off a Greek chappie I met in the pub las' year - I lent him to Dumbledore to guard the-" Hagrid stopped abruptly.

"The Philosopher's Stone." Percy finished grimly.

"How do ye know 'bout that??" Hagrid asked.

"Quirrel told Snape he needed it for some reason." 

"That's absurd!! Why would the Philosopher's Stone be hidden in a school full of children??" Hermione asked incredulously. 

"It's the safest place in Britain, and Dumbledore can protect it here." Hagrid said, defending the headmaster. The five didn't want to anger Hagrid anymore, so they dropped the subject.