Chapter 10

Hey guys, what's up?? It's Butterlover328 here and I'm sorry for not updating earlier this weekend, it's been absolutely hectic. But that's over for now, and I'm happy to say that after this week, I will be done with school so I will be able to update more without having you guys to wait as long as the people on Quotev did for chapters. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the Philosopher's Stone story arc by the end of June and get started with the Lightning Thief. Hope you enjoy the chapter!! Bye!!

~Butterlover328

Neville waved at his friends as the Hogwarts Express pulled out of the station. He stayed there until the train was no longer in sight before heading back to the castle, realizing that for the first time since he arrived at the school he would be alone, without any of his friends. The Weasleys didn't exactly count as friends, especially Ron with his bratty behavior. Harry probably would've spent the holidays with him if Percy hadn't invited him to his apartment, as the boy did not want to return to his relatives until absolutely necessary, or so Harry had told them. Hermione missed her parents and had always been with her parents for Christmas, so he didn't blame her, and Draco was being forced to go home after he received a stern letter from his father, and Neville was glad he was not in the same position. But his grandmother was glad that he had friends and had supported his decision to stay protected in Hogwarts with Dumbledore. Neville didn't feel as safe knowing that a priceless artifact and Voldemort were in the castle as well, but he felt like he had to stay for some reason. His gut told him to stay, and he had learned long ago to trust his gut instinct, as it had saved his life a few times. Neville just hoped that whatever had kept him at Hogwarts during the holidays didn't try to kill or maim him, as he wasn't sure he would survive in one piece, especially with his dad's wand that didn't work that well for him.

        As soon as Hagrid walked him back to the castle, Neville went into the library to pick up a novel to read. However, he was distracted and on the way there was knocked into the ground. When he looked up to face the person he had crashed up to his eyes met the sneering face of the youngest Weasley with his wand out. Neville instinctively rolled to the side, and was astonished to barely miss a bone-breaker curse that would've connected with his ribs. He quickly stood up and also drew his wand, sending a body-bind curse towards Weasley. It connected, and Neville took satisfaction in being able to defend himself that he didn't notice Professor Snape coming around the corner before he spoke.

        "Ten points from both of you for using magic in the halls, Misters Longbottom and Weasley. However, I will allow just this once for someone to explain what prompted you to do so in the first place??"

        "Weasley tried to use the bone-breaking curse on me, Professor, so I sent a full body-bind at him." Neville said, glaring at the redhead. Snape snapped his head towards the boy and did the same.

        "Give me your wand, Mr. Weasley." The professor commanded, stretching his arm out towards the boy.

        "No!! There's no way I'm letting a greasy git like you have my wand!!" Weasley gripped the wand in question tightly. A vein bulged on Snape's head, before he pulled out his own wand, disarmed Weasley, and checked his wand for the curse. When it showed, Snape asked for Neville's wand, and accepted the two Gryffindor's story. He deducted twenty more points from Weasley and gave back the points he had taken from Neville before walking down the hall, his robes billowing out from behind him. Weasley turned back onto Neville.