chapter 2 - brown eyes

𝐘/𝐍

The clock is ticking. 

Evelyn isn't here and i am scared out of my mind to go on the plane alone. The only thing that had kept me sane was knowing that she was going to be with me and now she's not here. 

I take a deep breath and look around. The airport really is quite beautiful, with lots of little shops inside. If Evelyn were here, she would be sure to go to at least 5 of them. But she's not. 

𝘎𝘦𝘵 𝘪𝘵 𝘵𝘰𝘨𝘦𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘳, 𝘠/𝘕, 𝘪𝘵'𝘭𝘭 𝘣𝘦 𝘰𝘬𝘢𝘺. 

But it will not. She is not here and i cannot do this without her.

In an attempt to calm myself, i sit at the nearest shop i can see, and it turns out to be a little tea shop, called Velvet Touch. I've seen many of them around Glasgow, but i've never been, and that's when i realize i haven't eaten. 

I pick up my phone one last time to try calling Evelyn. It rings, and rings, and rings. Then it goes to voicemail. Oh well. 

I get up and stand in line, and decide to get a muffin and an iced coffee. The flight wont be long, just about an hour, so i don't need to stuff myself full.

 When i sit back down at my table, my eye catches a boy sitting at the table in front of me. I can't help but notice that he is the most gorgeous boy I've ever seen, and he may even be the most gorgeous boy to exist. I realize that I've been staring, and I look down at my muffin. It is only now that i am realizing i wore my comfiest clothes rather than something fun and cute. 

𝘋𝘢𝘮𝘯𝘪𝘵.

I look back up to sneak a final glance, only to make eye contact with him. His brown eyes. His gorgeous, gorgeous brown eyes. Oh my god. 

He smiles at me, the loveliest smile i have ever seen, and i smile back. He starts to open his mouth when my phone suddenly rings. 

𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘭𝘺𝘯.

I look at him one last time and give him a warm smile, and then i gather my things and answer the phone. 

E : "𝘏𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘰?" 

Y/N : "𝘐 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘸𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘸𝘢𝘺 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘰𝘧 𝘮𝘺 𝘭𝘪𝘧𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘺𝘰𝘶."