chapter 13 - oblivious

𝐘/𝐍

"Oh my gosh, that's so cute!"

Evelyn and I are sitting on her bed and digging into the snacks Louis brought me.

I just finished telling her the story of what happened, and she won't stop adoring it.

"He's so right for you, Y/N. I can't wait for you guys to actually get together."

I blush and swat her shoulder. "Idiot, it's not like that." But i wish it was. "Now it's your turn! Didnt you say you met a boy?" I pester.

"Yes! Y/N, he's so adorable. He's got blond hair that's so heavenly, and he's got blue eyes. His name's Aidan."

I scoff. "He sounds like the most basic boy ever."

"Just you wait, Y/N. I'll get you guys to meet up one day and you can see for yourself. I've already got his number."

Classic Ev.

We stay up til late and talk about Alora and Lyra, the friends Evelyn made so far. Alora being the brunette, and Lyra being the redhead. Apparently, their moms are twins, so that makes them cousins.

Day by day, more students are arriving at the school. At first, the halls were almost empty, which gave me a better chance to see Louis. But now, there are almost always groups of a few people.

Along with new people come new opportunities. Maybe i can make a friend or two.

________________________________________________________

I wake up the next morning to my phone dinging multiple times. I groan as i reach out to check it, but i'm not mad anymore when i see who it is.

London Boy

Hey, i still have your schedule!

I forgot to mention we have Science and Spanish together.

I smile at the thought of having 2 classes with Louis. This will be fun.

Yay! I respond back.

Now that i'm awake, i may as well get ready.

______________________________________________________

While i was fumbling to get my toiletries, i accidentally woke Evelyn up. But she decided that we'll have breakfast together today, and so she got ready, too, and we walked down to the Dining hall.

Evelyn is wearing black ripped jeans and a pink simple top. I'm wearing gray sweatpants and a pastel green top.

We choose our breakfast, (mine being Froot Loops once again, and Evelyn's being toast) and take a seat at our table.

We eat and talk about our parents while we polish off our food. Evelyn finishes first, and she decided she wanted to set up her closet space and her desk today, so I told her to go off without me.

Then it's just me again, by myself. Until i look up from my table and see Louis sitting nearby, with his friend. It's the guy from yesterday. The one who gave me my phone after it fell. I smile at them, and they both put their plates away and make their way to my table.

Once they get there, they take a seat and say "Hi." at the same time.

This is so weird.

Before i can greet them back, Evelyn comes rushing back to the table. "I left my pho-.. oh.."

She silently grabs her phone and then tells the boys she needs to talk to me.

"Two boys?!" she whispers-shouts once we reach the hallway.

"What?"

"Are you oblivious to everything, Y/N? I think they're both into you!"

That can't be. James and Louis are friends.

I scoff and push her away. "Just.. go organize your stuff."

I walk back into the Dining Hall and the two boys are talking to each other. I overhear a bit and realize they're telling each other how they know me.

When i reach the table and take a seat, they look at me at the same time. Then look at each other.

"Seriously?" Louis blurts. "Come on Y/N. Let's go." He says, as he takes my arm. I look back at James with a confused expression and mouth the word Sorry back at him. But he's not looking at me. He's looking at Louis.