chapter 36 - happy halloween

𝐘/𝐍

Louis looks on at me, as i build suspense and slowly take a small cylinder container out from the picnic basket. 

Evelyn found some sweets at a shop she went to not long ago, and once it was emptied, the container was just sitting on her table top. So I took it, and made it into something cute for Louis. 

I made it a long while ago, and I was waiting for the right moment to give it to him. This was the right moment. 

The container was clear, and I had taken some alphabet stickers to write "KISSES FOR YOU" in multi-color. 

In it, I had filled 365 hershey kisses. It was an assortment of different flavors and brightly colored wrappers. 

I held it out to him. "For you."

He takes it and looks at it for a moment, and then a huge grins spreads on his face. "I love chocolate." 

I laugh at him. "It was meant to be a countdown til we've been together for a year. But that doesnt work, because I gave it to you on our first anniversary," I blush deeply. "You have to eat one everyday. But we're 45 days behind. So that means you have to eat 45 today."

He laughs. "Thank you! This idea is so adorable." He crawls over to me and gives me a hug, and a quick peck on my lips. 

I smile at him. "It's like a kiss from me, everyday." 

He smirks at me. "Can't I have more than one kiss?" 

"A real one, yes, but the day counting will only work if you eat one a day." 

He pouts. 

"It's okay. You get to have 45 today." I say. 

His face brightens as he hands the container over to me. "I'll need some help, then." 

I laugh softly and take one. Then, I take another item out of the basket. 

It's a small, square box. I wrapped it in silver wrapping paper, and scribbled "TO LOUIS" on it. 

I hand it to him. "Another one?" he says, confused. 

I nod. "Open it."

He carefully peels the wrapping off. Underneath the wrap is a neat pink box. He takes the lid off, and finds 2 necklaces. 

"It's one of those lego heart ones. I saw them online a bunch. I thought it'd be cute if we could get them, too." 

He smiles. "I love lego! And you." 

I smile. That's the first time he's said it to me since the day it slipped out of his mouth. He hasn't said it properly, so i'm not sure if I should say it back. 

"Thank you. Let's wear them now and take a picture." 

I nod eagerly, and he put the necklace on me. I picked the color black, because it'll go with everything. 

After he had gotten his necklace on, too, we looked into each others eyes for a moment. His deep brown eyes. I could swim in them. They're so mesmerizing, I want to stare at them forever. 

Then suddenly, he says, "I love you, Y/N." 

He said it properly this time. That can only mean one thing. 

"I love you too, Louis." 

He beams at me, and we share a sweet kiss, in the moonlight, with soft music playing in the background. 

Even though we missed our real anniversary, it still feels just as magical as if it were. 

_______________________________________________________________

It's 4 in the morning once we've finished our celebrating. After a little while, Loui had to go to the bathroom, so while I was waiting for him, I cleared up any garbage. When he returned, he had a box in his hands. 

"Someone didn't pick up their cake. We get to eat it now. FOR FREE!" 

We demolished the cake, and the last of the snacks, and then spent hours talking to each other, just enjoying the moment. 

Then, I had started to have trouble staying awake, so Louis cleared up our picnic items whilst I fell asleep on the blanket. 

When I woke up, Louis was nudging me awake to get to an Uber. Which I also slept through. 

The next thing I knew, we made it back to school, and Louis was calling Aidan to let us in through the back fence. 

I climbed through the door half asleep, and said goodnight to Louis with a passionate hug and a kiss. 

"I had fun today. Get some sleep, darling." 

I smiled at the pet name, and nodded. "Goodnight, Louis." 

"Goodnight, Y/N." 

I walked to my dorm, picnic basket in hand, and walked in to find Evelyn sitting on her bed, wide awake. "You're awfully late." she says, smirking. "I need all the details."

I grab a pillow off of the ground and throw it at her face. "Shut up. Sleep." 

She giggles at my sleepy face, and says "Okay, fine. Goodnight." 

I manage to mutter back a "Goodnight."

"Oh, and Happy Halloween."

Suddenly, I'm wide awake. Halloween is my absolute favorite holiday ever.