chapter 3 - thank you

𝐘/𝐍

I am so disappointed. And somewhat heart broken. 

He was so perfect. His eyes had me mesmerized. The most hypnotizing shade of brown, so entrancing that i almost forgot to take in the rest of his appearance. Now here i am, sitting on the plane, next to my tardy best friend, but all i can think about is him. 

His brown hair, and the way it was sticking out everywhere in the most adorable way. His devious grin when we made eye contact. The conversation we almost had, thanks to Evelyn. But if it weren't for Evelyn being late, i would have never met him, so i don't hate her.

The first 40 minutes of the plane ride drag on forever. For the most part, i watched Finding Nemo on my screen, but i got bored of it and decided to read a book i had brought along.  

A few minutes into the book, someone walked past me at the same moment i decided to move my foot outwards. 

They almost tripped, but in an attempt to save themselves, they put their hand on my seat, but completely missed, and they sent my book flying. 

"Oh my god! I'm so sorry, i didn't see you! Are you alright?"

The boy chuckles as he gets up, and we make eye contact.

Once again.

I internally gasp. 

"Oi! You're the girl from Velvet Touch!" he exclaimes. 

I giggle. His accent is adorable, too. 

He searches the ground, and at first i'm oblivious to why, until i remember that my book has landed somewhere far from me. 

He finally lays his eyes upon where it had fallen, and hands the book to me. 

I take a good look at him. I got lucky, seeing him again, but there is a very slim chance i'll get lucky again. I need to remember his face. His perfect face. 

I take the book from his hands and manage to mumble out a "Thank you..", and he grins a wide, goofy grin. 

While he walks back to his seat, i'm lost in thought. Then Evelyn playfully nudges me with her shoulder. "Y/N! Who. Is. That." she barely manages through her giggles. I tell her he's the guy from the tea shop, the "love of my life" that i left behind, and we talk about him for the remainder of the flight. The last 20 minutes of the flight seem like they are nothing.