chapter 22 - french tips

𝐘/𝐍

That night, as expected, all i could think about was kissing Louis. 

Even though it was a quick, delicate peck on the lips, I'm still overjoyed. All night long i replayed the moment in my head while listening to London Boy by Taylor Swift, and of course blushing to myself. 

I was also happy about Evelyn's apology. Even though i didn't accept it just yet, as I'm still deeply hurt, some part of me is relieved that we still have a friendship.

After replaying the kiss for the 100th time, i finally fell asleep. I woke up at 2 in the evening to Evelyn standing in front of me, shaking me awake. 

"Y/N. I know you're still mad. But breakfast was about to be over, and they're not serving lunch for another few hours, and I knew you'd get even more grumpy without food. So i brought you some. But i didn't want to wake you, so I-"

I cut her off by sitting up and taking the tray. I look at her and then give her a small, swift smile. "Thanks."

She smiles back, and then says "Listen. I think we should spend the day together today. Or what's left of it."

I take a bite of my cereal and think. Finally, i reluctantly nod and say "Okay."

But I don't know if i really want to. I know that i want to resolve our conflict, though, so i agree.

"Perfect. Let's get ready and meet back here at 3?" she says, beaming.

I nod.

She leaves to shower and i eat my cereal in silence.

 Is this a good idea?

____________________________________________________

At exactly 2:57, me and Evelyn are both ready to go. She's wearing a black and red top with blue jeans. I wear a dark green sweatshirt with black jeans.

She leads me to the front doors and we walk out, but we're going the complete opposite direction from the plaza. 

Confused, I ask her where we're going. 

"We're gonna Uber to a nail salon i found online. We could get matching nails? And hopefully talk us out?" she says.

I look at her for a long moment and then purse my lips together. "Mmm, okay. Im ready to talk us out. I wanna be normal again." 

She smiles, and then the Uber arrives. We pile in, and look at nail designs on our phones on the way there. 

When we reach, we thank the Uber and walk the short walk to the salon. 

"Y/N. I'm actually so, so sorry. I just want us to be okay. I want this to be fun, and I want you to not be hurt." she says out of the blue.

"Well, you can't just unhurt me."

"I know, and I really hate that. All i can do i try." shes quiet for a moment, but then she begins again. 

"He was manipulating me. I didn't know what to do. And by the time he had told me not to speak to you, you were already so busy with that new girl and with Louis. I didn't think you needed me anymore. 

I didnt think my presence would make a difference to you. So i listened. And I regret it so much. So please, Y/N, please forgive me. I promise it won't happen ever, ever again. You, my dad, and Sage are my everything. I can't lose you."

I think back to all our days together. How many hours we've spent. Evelyn is home. Home is wherever Evelyn is. "I dont want to lose you either." i say, finally making eye contact with her. 

I bite my lip, holding back tears, and give her a hug. 

She hugs back, tight. 

"You're my best friend. My platonic soulmate. I need you." i say through gentle sobs.

She rubs my back. "You're my bestest friend. I need you more than you know."

We finally pull apart, and she wipes my cheeks clean of tears. We laugh at ourselves. Everyone must think we're crazy, standing in the street, crying and hugging. But we don't care. 

We walk the rest of the way to the salon, hand in hand. 

___________________________________________________

We arrive 15 minutes early, so we decide to get coffee. I get an iced coffee, and Evelyn gets some fruit flavored contraption. While we get our nails done, I tell her about the kiss with Louis. 

"What?" she squeals. "Oh my god, Y/N! That's so adorable." 

I smile a broad smile. "I know! It's all I've been thinking about for like, ever."

"Lilly's gonna have a meltdown once she finds out." she scoffs. "She deserves it. Both Lilly and James were like, terrible people."

"Still are." we say at the same time. Then we burst into fits of laughter.

We decided to get french tips. Dainty but cute.

"So, how're you feeling about science with Louis next week?"

In Blue Reign, you have a few classes one week, and the rest of them the next week. The classes each last about 2 and a half hours. 

"I don't know. I have that class with James, too. That's all that gives me anxiety. Otherwise, I'm excited to have a class with Louis." I grin.

"Do you think he'll sit next to you?" she suddenly asks, face all serious. 

I burst out laughing at the sudden change of expression. "We'll find out!"

We're talking about Louis when a certain blond walks through the door. Its Lilly. 

She spots us and then takes a seat by us. She gives us the most fake smile ever. It almost looks like a grimace. Evelyn and I try hard to not laugh. 

Then, Evelyn asks "So, how's Louis?" rather loudly. At first, i widened my eyes and tried to tell her that Lilly Everitt was literally sitting right behind us. Then i catch on. I see what she's doing.

"Oh, he's quite well actually. We're supposed to have lunch on Monday."

Evelyn smiles. "Oh, how was the kiss? Is he any good?"

I turn away so Lilly can't see my expression, and then mouth "Ew, Ev!" at her. Yet, i still say "It was really sweet, so delicate." i gag to myself. 

Evelyn and I watch Lilly get up and walk away, fuming after overhearing our conversation.

We laugh silently for what feels like forever. "That was one of your best schemes yet, Ev." 

She gives me a grin and talks in a royal voice. "Well, darling, it certainly wasn't my last."

____________________________________________________________

After getting our nails done, Evelyn and I decide to go to one of London's most popular shopping malls, Westfield London, for a shopping spree. 

We get matching shirts, and jewelry from our favorite stores

We make sure to go to the bathroom and take cute, instagram worthy selfies. 

We're having the best time.

And then we have lunch at the mall, while talking about everything that's happening back at home, in Glasgow. 

"Jack's birthday is coming up soon. What are you getting for him?" says Evelyn. 

"Honestly, i have no clue. Im thinking of sending an amazon package with a race car toy and some lollies."

_____________________________________________________________