chapter 31 - heap of girls

!!TW!! 

THIS CHAPTER MENTIONS D3ATH OF SOMEONE CLOSE TO YOU, AND IT'S A FAIRLY SAD CHAPTER. ONLY READ ON IF YOU CAN TAKE IT! 

𝐘/𝐍

All is well for the next few hours.

Evelyn and Aidan are now a couple. 

Honestly, I saw it coming. 

I saw the way they looked at each other, and I knew how much they liked each other. It was only a matter of time. 

And now here they are, finally together. 

I could not be happier. Me and my best friend, both taken by the most perfect boys for us. Nothing could be more perfect. 

We have so much fun trying to skate. Neither of us know how to, so it's a night full of attempts. Louis and Aidan fall an ungodly amount. Evelyn and I have barely fallen at all. 

Are boys more prone to falling?

We're there for hours, so long that the ground is emptied out and we're the only ones there, and we've turned it into a dance party. 

Now that nobody is there, the person working the music lets us play whatever we like, and we're dancing into the night so long that the manager had to come kick us out. It was well past their closing time. 

"I hate to disturb your fun, but my family is waiting at home for me." he says, laughing slightly. 

I blush at the realization he sacrificed his family time for a bunch of teenagers to dance stupidly at a rollerblading rink. "Right. I'm so sorry, you should've made us leave sooner. But we're going now, Thank you so much." I say, stammering just a little bit. 

We walk back to the school, even though it's really dark. 

We're all hitting it off, talking up a storm as we prance back to our school at a sugar high. 

Once we get there, we say goodnight to the boys and make our way back to the girls' dorms. 

Once again, we have to brush our teeth because of our sugar intake just now. 

And unsurprisingly, once again, Caroline is at the bathroom door. 

You'd think she would've learned by now that me and Evelyn always show up, but no. She hasn't. 

This time, it's different. 

Caroline is standing in front of the door, yes, but it's not the usual hushed whispering with a friend.

This time, it sounds much more like sobbing. I can just make out a figure standing by her. 

"It's Alora." Evelyn hisses. "What's she doing with Caroline?"

We edge closer to the girls, but just enough to make sure we're still out of sight. 

Caroline is muttering something as she cries. Although it's hard to understand what. 

Then realization hits me. I didn't tell Evelyn about last night, about how Nia is concerned about Lilly losing her "popularity." So I whisper the story quickly and quietly into her ear. 

Once i'm done, I scoff. I'm sure that she's crying because there's nothing that can be done about Lilly losing her popularity. She must be so bummed that she won't be the school's beloved anymore. I cross my arms. 

I'm about to grab Evelyn's arm and march right past Caroline and Alora into the bathroom, when one single word Caroline says makes my blood run cold. 

"Olivia."