chapter 4 - it's him

𝐘/𝐍

It's 12 a.m at night by the time i get off my flight and settle into a fast food shop. Although school starts in a week, on the 8th of September, i decided that i would get there on the 2nd of September, therefore i'd have a few days to figure out the school, etc.

Evelyn and I sit at the table right next to the window. Even though its quite dark, London is still magnificent. 

"It's so mesmerizing; i could stare forever." Evelyn suddenly says, while taking a million pictures on her phone. 

"I know, its so pretty" I exclaim. The lights from all the buildings and households are majestic, and they remind me of those pinterest boards everyone has saved. 

"So.. how are you feeling about school?" Evelyn asks.

I don't know how to answer her. 

"I'm excited, it'll feel like we're living together, which is a dream we've had since forever.. but at the same time i feel sort of homesick." 

Even though i'm not far at all from my family, i still miss them. I miss my mom's company, i miss the loud noises my brother always filled rooms with, and i miss Kick's little squealing noises. Is it weird to say i even miss my London boy?

"I know, leaving my dad was hard for me, but not as hard as it was for him, he almost cried," she says through soft chuckles. "But i'm going to miss Sage so much." 

Evelyn lives with just her dad. Her mom and dad divorced when she was a baby, and her mom died only a few weeks after, so it's just been her and her dad since then, and her grey cat, Sage. 

"Aw, it'll be okay Ev, we're not that far from home anyways." I say as i pat her shoulder. 

She shrugs and lets out a sigh. I pick up my phone and check the time. It's almost 12:30. We need to be at the school by 2 a.m. I sigh.

"Ev, wanna grab something to eat? We gotta leave soon."

"Sure." She shrugs. 

We get in line and order. While im waiting on our food, i take a glance around the shop. Its not much to look at, its just a fast food restaurant inside an airport, but i take my time going over the elegant lighting. Then i look out the door. 

A flash of fluffy brown hair. A striped shirt. 

Is it him?

But it's too late. He's long gone, and the employees have already called out our number. 

I take our food back to the table we've claimed, and we quickly eat. We have to get on the bus at 1, and we only have half an hour to eat and walk to the bus stop. The whole time i'm eating, i think about if it could be him. On the flight, he was wearing that exact shirt. But what are the odds? Besides, even if it was him, I wouldn't see him again. 

Evelyn and I finish our meal and bolt to the bus. We barely made it in time, it was 1 on the dot when we arrived. At first, we thought we missed the bus because it wasnt there. We almost cried in frustration. But then a bus arrived and people started piling on. The bus was just 2 minutes late. We lost our breath for nothing. 

Oh well, better than missing it completely. 

 It's late, and we have an hour's ride ahead of us. I'm extremely tired as i didn't get any sleep. But me and Evelyn were one of the last people to get on the bus. There aren't any spots left together. That means we're gonna have to sit apart. I'm looking for a seat when i see a head with fluffy brown hair. 

It's him.