chapter 17 - nerves

𝐘/𝐍

It's the night of September 7th. Classes will start tomorrow.

I'm lying awake with nerves on my bed. I don't know anyone in my classes, aside from the 2 friends I've made and Evelyn. It turns out i'll be having Olivia in my Art class as well, and i also have Language Arts with her, too.

I turn in my bed and ruffle my blankets. My back aches, and no matter what i do, i can't seem to fall asleep. 

I sit up with a sigh and lean against my pillow. Then i take my phone out from under my pillow. I start scrolling in hopes of curing my nerves, but it doesnt work. Then i get an idea.

London Boy

Hey Louis:)

Are you awake?

I can't sleep. 

I don't have to wait long for an answer. 

London Boy

Yes.

I'm too nervous about classes tomorrow. 

Want to hangout for a bit?

He read my mind.

_______________________________________________________

As i walk down the hallway, i think about the past 3 days, and how quickly they flew by. 

Louis and I hung out a lot, at meal times and most moments in between, too. Evelyn was always far too busy with Alora and Lyra to even notice me, and i'm starting to resent them for making us drift apart. Olivia and I typically had our meal times together, and we've become fast friends.

I haven't seen James all too much, just in passing.

The school is crowded now that all the students are here. All the dorms are taken and it's no longer quiet in the Dining Hall. 

I make my way to the door and leave the girls' dorms. Louis is standing there. 

He has messy hair, due to attempting to sleep, and hes wearing a black shirt and blue plaid pants. His pajamas. Once the realization hits that he's wearing pajamas, i realize i am, too. A white top and pink plaid pants. 

We're matching. Well, somewhat. 

We take a look at the state of each other and burst into fits of laughter. We quickly make our way away from the dorms so nobody will hear us. 

"Where do you want to go?" He asks me.

I look at him with a twinkle in my eye. "Anywhere."

___________________________________________________________

The school is incredibly beautiful, even at night. The walls are built up high, in their yellow-white colored greatness. The doors all shine, and there are only a few lights on. I think I love this place. 

We end up outside, again. By the Koi pond. 

I think it's our place now. Every time i'm here, it's always with him. We talk about how we wish for tomorrow to go, and it helps us ease our nerves. 

"So, how's it going with Aidan?" i asked him. 

Louis' new roommate was Aidan. The same Aidan that Evelyn was talking about. He was living himself, and so the school just put them together. Evelyn was ecstatic to hear the news. "Our men are living together!" She had said, whilst squealing.

"He's quite nice actually. He stays pretty organized and isn't a douche."

We talk for hours, about everything and nothing. It's so splendid, and the thrill of being outside at such a time is so enjoyable.

I like him. I like Louis Partridge. I'm not afraid to say it. In my mind. 

___________________________________________________________

It's 8:00 in the morning, and I wake up with Louis. 

I would have expected to be outside, since i was next to him, but we're in my dorm. Me on Evelyn's bed, and him on the floor next to it. Evelyn is nowhere to be seen. She must have slept in Alora and Lyra's dorm. 

I look at Louis for a bit. He's so effortlessly adorable. I feel a smile creep onto my face as i watch him. But soon, my smile melts away as i realize that we have to go to class in 45 minutes. 

I scramble up from Evelyn's bed, kicking the duvet everywhere. 

"Louis! Louis! Come on! Get out! We've got school!" i say, as i shake him awake.

He opens his eyes quickly and stretches. He looks around and then groans. "What time is it?"

"8. Class starts at 8:45." 

"Damnit. The dorms must be bustling with people. Sneaking back out isn't going to be easy."

"Well you better start! Don't be late to homeroom on the first day!" I exclaim. 

He stands slowly and then smiles. "Okay, Y/N. I'll see you later."

'Bye, Louis." I smile back.

After shutting the door behind him, I started to panic. 

There's so much to do, and i wanted to get to class early. Besides, me and Evelyn always had our first day of school breakfast together. 

But there's not enough time to waste. I grab everything i need and bolt for the showers, where i take 5 minutes, and then quickly do my hair and makeup. I wear my hair down and do minimal makeup, because that's all I had time for.

I chose to wear blue, baggy ripped jeans, a white cropped top, and a black and white plaid button up over it. Its a cute look, but i don't have time to admire . I quickly run back to my room and find my backpack, which i packed a few days prior. 

I grab it, and my phone which was charging, and walk quickly to the dining hall. 

I can barely eat. I'm so nervous. But i still try. A good breakfast is important, especially today. 

Evelyn doesn't show up, even though i texted her and told her i'd wait. She doesn't even respond. Worst of all, she didn't even let me know where she was. 

At 8:35, i put my tray away and walked to my first class, homeroom. 

I take a seat at the back and check my phone as more and more students started to trickle in. I recognize some from around campus, but I've never talked to a single one. Nobody really looks like friend material here. Then the bell rings, and in walks the teacher. And not two moments after, James walks into the room, too. 

Hi guysss:) Please let me know how you're liking this story! Also, well over a hundred views in the first week- Thank you so much! <33