chapter 20 - new boy

𝐘/𝐍

I wake up by the sound of my alarm. It's 6:45 a.m. 

I look around and realize i fell asleep on Evelyn's bed. When i remember what happened last night, it makes me mad all over again.

I slowly roll out of her bed and stand up with a yawn.

I fell asleep in the clothes i was wearing yesterday, and i woke up all sweaty. Gross. 

I grab my phone and sit at my desk. 

I see i got a few texts from Louis asking how it went, but i decided i'd just call him later to talk about it. 

I grab my toiletries and make my way over to the showers. When i walk in, i see Alora standing at the mirror brushing out her hair. She stares at me with a poker face.

I sigh and walk into the shower.

Today i can take my time, since i actually woke up on time. I shower and then get dressed. Today I'm wearing a dark red full sleeve shirt with black jeans. 

I walk out and Alora isn't there anymore. 

I start to walk towards the mirror when a few other girls walk in. I recognized them from Evelyn's table at lunch yesterday, but i didn't say anything. I didn't even know them, so we don't have bad blood, right? 

Wrong. 

They all stare me down when i start to brush my hair, and they don't stop for what seems like forever. It's awfully uncomfortable, so i pick up my stuff and walk to my dorm, where i will do the rest of my hair and makeup.

I call Louis and he answers. It's 7:15, but he still has his sleepy voice. I think i just woke him up. 

Y : Oh, im sorry, did i wake you up?

L : Yes, you did, but thank you. Otherwise i would've been late.

We laugh for a bit and i tell him what happened with Evelyn last night while i get ready.

L : Oh, that sucks, Y/N. It's all my fault. I'm sorry. I thought it would work. 

Y : No, don't blame yourself. This needed to happen.

___________________________________________________

Homeroom was awfully boring today. We didn't even do anything but plan out homework schedules for the next week. 

Then it was art. Evelyn wasn't there, and neither was Lyra. 

Olivia was, though, and we had a lot of fun doing freestyle drawings and listening to each other's playlists. 

In Language Arts, the teacher assigned us each a writing test to see what levels we were all on. Mr Adley is definitely my least favorite teacher.

Before long, it was lunch, and me and Louis had made plans to go to the plaza. Once we got there, we settled at a fast food place. 

I looked out to the window to see the stormy, gray sky of today. 

Then i saw something else.

Evelyn, walking towards the nearest coffee shop. 

With James. 

I gasp and Louis looks at me, perplexed. "What?" he asks.

I point outside and he sees them, too. "Oh god. That must be why she's avoiding you."

"But how? I never even told her a thing about James."

"Than he must have been the one to tell." 

I'm so furious with Evelyn at this point that i want to block her off of everything. I reach for my phone and search her up on social media to block her, but she doesn't show up.

She's already blocked me. 

Now, along with the fury, i feel an aching heart. What have we come to? 

I don't even want to try to talk to her anymore. I don't even want to yell.

I can't believe she would do this to me. 

_____________________________________________________

For most of lunch, i'm sitting there fuming. Too mad to eat my sandwich. Louis' attempts to console me did little to nothing. I'm so beyond hurt, i can't even describe it with words. 

Not only did she get with the man who had bad intentions with me, she also did it behind me back. And she skipped class. That is not Evelyn Mila Katz. That is not Ms Katz, with straight A's on her assignments. This is not the Evelyn that cried when she got a B- in maths. 

As we're walking back to school, Louis continues to try and make me feel better. It's not working. I appreciate that he's-

"You're quite cute when you're mad."

He catches me off guard, in the middle of a thought. I look up at him and he's smiling at me. "What?," he says. "I'm being honest."

I feel my lips part into a smile. 

"Okay, that worked, then?" he says, looking down at his shoes.

I laugh softly and punch him lightly. 'You're an idiot."

"I get that a lot."

______________________________________________________

Evelyn isn't there during maths either. It makes me question whether she's just skipping all her classes or if she's just avoiding me. 

It's all i can think about. No matter what class i'm in or who i'm hanging out with. 

I just need to fix this. But i don't know how.