chapter 21 - i know

TW!! MEN AGAIN!! STREET ENCOUNTER!!

𝐘/𝐍

It's been a week since what happened with Evelyn. It's the weekend, and i'm lying awake on my bed at 2 a.m. Evelyn must be staying out. 

There have been few encounters. A few sleepless nights, in which i was awake when Evelyn arrived. But she never said anything to me. 

Louis and I have continued to hangout, and our friendship just keeps blooming. I'm grateful to have him. 

I toss and turn for what feels like hours, but it was only a matter of minutes. 

Just as i'm about to doze off, my phone rings into the silence. I expect it to be Louis. He's the only one who calls me, aside from my mom. 

It's an unknown number, so I ignore it. 

It calls back. Again and again. 

I'm intrigued and mildly concerned. Then it texts me. 

01111 112233 

Pick up.

Please.

It calls once more, and this time i answer. But i don't say anything. I wait for the voice on the other side of the line. 

E : Hello?

Y : Evelyn?

E : Y/N. 

I stay quiet. I don't know why she called and nor do i know what to say to her. 

E : I'm sorry. I'm sorry about everything. 

I take a minute to sigh. 

Y : You should be. 

E : I know. I know i should. And I know you deserve an explanation. Aidan deserves one, too. Do you think you could get him and meet me at the plaza? Now? You could bring Louis. 

Y : The plaza? Evelyn it's 2 a.m. That's dangerous. 

E : I know. Just get here soon. 

I hang up and quickly call Louis. I don't have Aidan's number, so it's all i can do. Plus, I want him to come with us. 

Y : Hello? Louis, I'm so sorry if I'm disturbing your sleep, but is Aidan there?

L : Hello? This is an odd hour to call. Don't worry, me and Aidan are up watching a movie. Yea, he's here with me. Why?

Y : Evelyn called. She asked me to meet her at the plaza. Right now. Aidan has to come with me. 

L : Oh. Can't I come? 

Y : Of course, you idiot. Meet me at the girls' dorms in 2 minutes. 

I hung up and scrambled to fix my hair and put on a jacket as quickly and silently as possible, and then slipped out of my dorm. I walk to the door and see Louis and Aidan already standing there, waiting. I grab them each by their arms and run silently to the back door, where we jump the fence. That seems too easy almost. 

We start towards the plaza. I tell Louis and Aidan what Evelyn said over the phone, and they both are intrigued by it. 

"You don't think this could be, like, a trap or something?" Louis asks, while looking down at me. 

"No. She would never physically hurt me."

I'm so deep in thought about what could happen that i don't notice I've walked far ahead of the boys. As i'm walking, someone grabs my hand. 

I look up, startled, and see a random man holding my hand. 

He's giving me the most disgusting grin I've ever seen. I try to pull my hand away and out of his grip, but it tightens.