chapter 18 - a plan

𝐘/𝐍

He walks in and takes a seat at the desk in front of me. I can't believe the nerve of him.

I dont believe that he forgot to tell me he had homeroom with me. He did this intentionally. 

The teacher, Mrs Armani, starts talking, and i try hard to listen and not think of the atrocities that could occur with James here. 

"Well, thats all i have to say for now! Hopefully this'll be a fun year for all of you!" She says with a smile.

She brought in cupcakes for the class, but i don't think i can eat them.

_____________________________________________________

Homeroom drags on forever. We didn't do any work, thankfully, but we did some "About Me" pages, which the teacher said will help her get to know us better. 

Before i know it, i have art with Evelyn and Olivia. The class i was looking forward to the most. Now that it's here, i feel somewhat relaxed. But i have anxiety about seeing Evelyn. 

I'm mad at her for bailing on our first day of school breakfast. We've had it together every year since 1st grade. And to top it off, she hasn't even texted me once to apologize. Or even say anything at all.

I walk into class and look around. It's astonishing. There are beautiful painting on every wall, depicting the school's crest and a unicorn and lion. There are also many student works put up, and they're very well done.

The desks are put into groups of 2, and i sit at one of the very back pairs. 

After a little while, Evelyn arrives, and she looks at me. But she doesn't even say anything. Not even a smile. Beside her is Lyra, and they walk to a pair just in front of me and have a seat.

I actually cannot believe her. Throwing a friendship that's well over a decade old for someone she just met. 

I'm practically fuming at the ears when Olivia walks in. She spots me and gives me a smile. Then she walks over and sits beside me. I smile at the sight. 

"Hi, Y/N! How was homeroom?" she asks with a beam. 

She's so much better than Evelyn Mila Katz. 

_____________________________________________________________

Art flies by. Me and Olivia talk up a storm, and i enjoy every minute i spend with her. But occasionally, i look at Evelyn. She doesn't ever acknowledge me, though. 

In art class, we do a pair activity, which was meant to be done with your desk partner. 

It was really fun, but i felt so guilty. I wished it was Evelyn more than Olivia.

In an instant, the bell rings, and Olivia and I walk together to our Language Arts class. We have a seat together, and listen to the teacher drone for an hour. Out of my teachers so far, he seems the most boring. He's as jolly as an elephant with a bullet wound. 

I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and take it out as carefully as i can. Mr Adley seems like the teacher that would scream at the sight of a phone. 

London Boy

Hellooo

How's your day going so far?

My maths teacher is terrible.

I laugh as quietly as i can and respond.

It's going okay. 

Most of my teachers are nice. 

Evelyn's not talking to me. 

I put my phone down and look around the classroom. It's not much to look at. 

Mr Adley made a beautiful school room look as boring and dull as possible. There are minimal posters up, and the ones that he does have say things like "NO TALKING" and "RESPECT EACH OTHER" in bold. 

My phone vibrates again and i check to see Louis' text.

Oh, would you like to talk about it?

We could have lunch together. 

I smile and answer back ;

Sounds good. 

See you there:)

Within a few minutes, the bell rings, and Olivia says she's going to the plaza for lunch. I nod and tell her to text me later. 

I walk to the Dining Hall and grab a tray. Today's lunch is pasta, salad, garlic bread, and juice. I take some pasta and a piece of bread, and grab my drink. Then i look around for Louis, who i find sitting at his table. 

I make my way over and say "Hello." to him.

I look away for a moment and my eye catches a group of girls laughing really loud. 

And among them sits Evelyn. 

She makes eye contact with me for a brief moment, but then breaks it just as quickly. Not even a single smile was shared between us. 

Louis watches the small connection and then turns to me. "Are you okay? Let's talk about this." 

I don't really know what to tell him. "Honestly, i don't know what happened between us either. She just stopped hanging out with me and started hanging out with those 2 other girls there," i nod my head towards Alora and Lyra. "And now there are all these other girls. I don't know where they came from. She won't answer me or my texts. She's not there when i fall asleep and she's gone before i wake up."

He frowns and looks at me for a long while. "Oh, it'll be okay. You live together. She'll have to talk it out with you eventually. Also, I don't know if i'm the first to tell you, but Evelyn and Aidan don't talk anymore. He told me she ditched him on a date they were meant to have, and then she never talked to him again."

I look at him in utter shock. "What?" i spluttered. I knew Evelyn could get any boy she wanted as fast as she wanted, and i knew that she knew it too. But i never expected this from her. She's not supposed to be like this.

"Don't worry," he says while patting my shoulder. "I've got a plan."

I look at him, suspicion in my eyes. "What kind of plan?" I ask him. 

"A plan that will end in you and her talking to each other again. Hopefully." 

Ah hi guys! I'm sorry if the chapters have been a bit bad lately, i've been super busy and i finish these chapters when im supposed to be sleeping!