four

-

IV
hand germs !

-

»»———-  ———-««

"chris put that fucking knife down!"

matt entered the kitchen to find his two brothers and emersyn running around, chris with a knife and hand. the scene continued on as em ran around, desperately trying to get away from chris and his weapon. "chris you're a fucking psychopath, put it the fuck down!" the girl cried out, running behind matt and twisting around the kitchen island.

now, just as chris passed nick, nick grabbed ahold of his wrist, stopping his run. "fucking knock it off!" he cried, and then looked up at matt. "perfect timing, i literally just hit record."

matt's brows furrowed as he slowly entered farther into the kitchen, his eyes landing on the camera set up across the island. "ohh, are we filming another blindfolded cooking?" they nodded. "i thought that was tomorrow."

"well you thought wrong."

"well, alright then." matt mumbled as he slowly shrugged his nike jacket off his shoulders and tossed his keys across the marble counter.

now, chris had set his knife down and gathered the measuring cups while em scoured their cupboards for the cupcake mix. "ew what the fuck? red velvet?" she grimaced as she finally spotted the box at the top shelf. "chris come get this for me, i can't reach."

a figure peered over her, reaching all the way above her head and grabbing the batter. however, it was of course not chris. but matt. she didn't mumble a thank you as you as he gently shoved the box to her chest.

"nick come here!" chris yelped as both matt and emersyn stopped in front of the island, gathering the supplies for the baking. "nick, what the fuck was that?" chris called again.

"what the fuck are you talking about?"

"do you hear that?" nick joined the group in the kitchen again, sharing a infinitely lost glance with chris as he dragged him from the kitchen. "what is that?"

em watched as chris grabbed ahold of nicks shirt, dragging him to the front door by his t-shirt collar. "what the fuck are you both on about?" but they were both already out the door, searching their front yard.

a moment passed where it was just matt em left in the kitchen alone. matt grabbed the eggs while em picked up chris' down disgaurded knife up and began to jab the cupcake batter box. "ow! motherfucker!" the knife slipped from her fingertips and landed back onto the counter, just as two and then three drops of blood trickled down her palm and joined it.

she could see matt toss the carton of eggs across the counter, not caring about how they nearly slid off the edge. "what?" lightning fast, he'd come right next to her, picking up her wrists and inspecting the injury.

"i just cut myself."

matt looked down at the box on the counter. "fucking idiot. why would you use a knife to open the fucking—" his voice trailed off breathily as he guided her over to the sink and turned the cold water on. "here," he set her hands under the running water. "i'll be right back."

he exited into the bathroom down the hall and then came back less than a minute later with a bandaid in between his fingers. he set it on the counter next to the sink and pulled her finger out from the water again. "you're aware i'm fully capable of applying a bandaid on my own, right?"