fifteen

-

XV
cat fight !

-

»»———-real life———-««

within the hour, chris was at emersyn's door. marylou took them to the mall, and after informing the kids that she'd be back at four o'clock on the dot, she left again.

"where are we going first?"

em carried a redbull in her hand, as they entered through the doors. "what? you're the one who needed to go shopping. shouldn't you know where we're going?"

chris frowned as he flung his arm around her shoulders, guiding her through the corridors of the mall. "yeah, about that. . .i don't need shit, emersyn. i was just trying to get you out of the house."

em nearly choked on her drink, taken aback. "you think you're slick?"

"well, it worked, didn't it?"

she scoffed, turning into the first store on her left. "did it though? because now you are buying me any and everything i want today." she smiled sweetly.

chris groaned, "i should have seen this coming."

em dragged him through about five stores before they got hungry and stopped at the food court. "you're running me dry, woman! i'm gonna be broke soon."

em laughed as they set their bags down at an empty table. "your fault. i'll pay for food, though. what do you want?"

"i want tacos."

em thinned her lips, sighing. "i'll be right back." she grabbed her wallet from the white tabletop and turned towards the direction of the only taco place in the mall, it was local, nothing special. however, as soon as she turned she bumped into a figure.

"you've got to be kidding me."

jake was towering above her. it had been nearly a month since the last time either had seen each other. em nearly fell in shock, had he dyed his hair brown? "first matt, now chris? couldn't make up your mind, huh?"

now, chris had stood from the table, joining the girls side. "don't start this, man."

jakes eyes reverted from emersyn and instead moved over to chris. "or what?"

em stood frozen, the tension between the two boys engulfing her. "walk away." chris warned, his teeth setting.

jake's arm flew up, shoving at chris shoulder. "don't tell me what to do, man." he snapped. chris took a step back, his lips thinning as he swallowed, struggling to hold on to his composure. "the fuck are you gonna do about it?"

em wiggled from underneath chris, bumping into the table as she stumbled backwards. "chris, don't. he's not worth it." she reached out for her iphone that sat on the white tabletop as chris returned the shove at the blond boy, his teeth baring. who did she plan on calling? she hadn't a clue.