forty seven

-

XXXXVII
third act breakups !

-

»»———-real life———-««

cameron jumps in front of the groups lunch table. he has a mouth full of jello on his mouth and his arms are flailing around stupidly. "it's halloween!"

emersyn is chewing silently on a pack of doritos she's bought from the vending machine. she looks up, peering at the. obnoxious boy through her eyebrows. "we're aware." she says cooly.

cameron frowns as he jumps onto the seat across from her, crouching over the table as matt, who's seated next to him, squints at him unenthusiastically. "bro what the fuck are you doing?"

"wow you guys must be really committed to the dark, ominous, and scary part of halloween." he says, gritting his teeth together.

"kid, fuck off. don't you have drugs to sell or something?"

the table does quiet. "that was the most out of pocket thing i've ever been told." cameron says, holding his chest as if he's genuinely just been injured.

"can you go be annoying somewhere else?"

"can you stop acting like fucking scrooge?" emersyn pipes in. now, the table is dead silent, watching the two with encouraging eyes. it's the first time they've spoken since the second day emersyn arrived back from her la trip.

the interaction has matt so taken aback, his hold jolts a little, and his eyes get dull. "we're speaking again?" he says quietly.

no one at the table dares to move, but they're all thinking the same thing. way to ruin the fucking mood.

emersyn gulps, looking back down at her plate that's yet to been touched. "i guess so." she says under her breath. she begins to pick at the skin of her lip, digging in so deeply she can taste the blood. celia isn't sitting with them. apparently she's falling behind in physics and stayed back for a study session with her teacher.

elesia is glaring at her from the other side of the table. her lips are pressed together as if she wants to say something, but is doing everything she can to contain it. "you guys need to kiss and makeup." she can't help it, it just slips.

emersyn's arm drops, the words ringing in her ears. "what the fuck are you talking about?" she asks sourly.

matt stops drumming his fingers along the table, his face scrunching up in a scorn. "el, what the fuck?"

elesia shoves a spoon of mashed potatoes in her mouth before shrugging aggresivle. "i'm sick of it! now, i don't know what happened, but you guys can't get all over each other and then pretend you still hate each other the next day. figure your shit out, please!"

dead silence. the table all looks at each other, excluding matt an emersyn. elesia only sighs, because she said what they all had been thinking, what they were all too scared to say.

after a moment, emersyn jumps from the table. she can't take the uncomfortability. she grabs the book she's reading and then her bag from the floor next to her, and scurries out of the lunch room, even leaving her tray behind.