forty six

-

XXXXVI
deja vu !

-

»»———-real life———-««

celia has been attached to matt's shoulder for the past three days. he doesn't know how to tell her to leave him the fuck alone. he doesn't want to be mean, but he knows the damage he's doing to himself. the hole he's digging and then jumping into.

emersyn has been sitting elsewhere at lunch since she arrived home from california. most of the friend group knows very little to none about the details surrounding her and matt's fight, but they know not to ask any questions or else one of the two is bound to blow the fuck up. considering they're all in the same social circle, that never ends well. every time matt and emersyn fight, it ruins the dynamic of everyone else they surround themselves with.

emersyn is currently sitting across the lunch room from her usual seat, cameron, elesia and a few of their stoner friends are next to her. they're gathered around cameron's phone and giggling at funny animal memes. well, what's the point in calling yourself a stoner if you're not actually stoned all the time? exactly.

emersyn has mashed potatoes and chicken on her tray, and even though she usually doesn't eat school provided chicken, she's still picking at it looking like someone killed her dog. cameron and elesia both notice of course, but know better than to try and poke and prod at her while she's moping. she's fucking feisty when she's angry.

the thing is, emersyn isn't even very angry. she's just sad. before matt, she was never really looking for a real relationship. even when she was trying to pursue jake, it never seemed real. to her, the whole time it just felt like a silly crush she could try to get at, but she never felt as though it could really go anywhere. like really. never once did she feel it to be serious. apart of her knows that she never really wanted anything serious. the idea of having a boyfriend did not sound appealing to her in the slightest.

and then stupid fucking matt with his stupid fucking face appeared from the trenches with a look that no longer represented hatred. matt woke up one day with boredom and decided she would be his next victim. it was like he was determined to make her fall in love, to make her aware that no one else could have her but him, and then step all over her heart once he didn't feel like participating.

matt and celia are sitting next to each other, her arms are placed on his torso, and emersyn has a perfectly clear shot of the two of them. it makes her sick. celia's hands all over emersyn's guy, his eyes should be on emersyn instead of her. is this what it feels like right before you die of physical heartbreak? because emersyn is sure her heart is going to combust into dust.

there's celia. sitting with her friends, her boy, having conversations withe the ones emersyn wishes she could be talking to right now. laughing the way emersyn should be. simply put, emersyn is very close to taking a chainsaw to her jugular.

"em stop looking so sad!" emersyn instantly snaps her head at cameron, awoken from her trance as he waves his phone in front of her nose. "watch this funny video of a penguin slipping on ice!"

emersyn takes a mere glance at the screen before looking away, becoming irritated. "cam, that's so unfunny."

cam frowns, because apparently that genuinely hurt his feelings. "ouch, emersyn. i know you're pissed off and everything, rightfully so, but you don't have to take it out on my animal videos." he sighs dramatically.