forty five

-

XXXXV
where we started !

-

»»———-real life———-««

emersyn only stayed in la for a day, and by lunch time the next morning, she's sitting on a plane on her way home. frankly, the whole point of this trip was to relax her, make her think and focus on literally anything else that's not matt. but as she sits in her moms passenger seat, driving home from the airport, all she feels is homesick. in honesty, she doesn't even think the trip was that worth it, and now she has to deal with colby. don't get her wrong, he's a nice guy or whatever, but every moment she spent with him at his place yesterday just reminded her that he's not him. he won't ever be him.

not to mention colby's like three or four years older than her, and she can't even down the thought of that. like hello?

emersyn's mom insisted on taking her back to finish the rest of the school day off, but that sounds like a metaphor for literal hell to emersyn. by the time she gets to the school and checks in, it'll be sixth period, and it's one of the many classes she shares with matt.

three days ago, they were working on partner work, and unlike the last time they did so, it was actually really fun and emersyn was wishing they worked in pairs more often. but the idea of stepping foot into that classroom makes her want to gauge her eyes out with a fork. sit in her usual seat, probably with matt sitting right next to her while avoiding each other when they used to sit and make inside jokes and giggle about the teacher. yeah, nightmare fuel to say the least.

emersyn is extremely surprised when she walks into her classroom and finds the entirety of her table empty. matt's nowhere in sight. her face scrunches up in a sour scorn as she slowly enters the room, hands her teacher a tardy slip, and takes a seat.

the class flew by, especially to emersyn considering she missed the first three-fourths of it. she exits the classroom and goes to find her locker. something stops her dead in her tracks before she's even halfway down the hall now. matt and celia are entering the school together, laughing and talking while passing the attendance office. what the fuck, what the fuck, what. the. fuck?

emersyn can feel her whole body go numb, like all her her limbs have been frozen into stone and sink below ground. she wishes she was anywhere but here. she wishes she was invisible. she's not quick enough to react, because matt's already spotted her from across the hall.

his face goes still, looking back at her ominously. . .nonchalantly. like he didn't just ruin emersyn with two words. i can't. i can't. i can't. well emersyn can't fucking do this right now. as if he didn't play with her feelings and then kick her to the side after he was done.

emersyn's instant reaction is to turn around. run. run as fast as she can. but honestly she's sick and tired of not having control over her muscles, because for the life of her, she cannot fucking move. the two are slowly but surely coming toward her, and it's too late for emersyn to sprint the fuck out of there, because celia's already spotted her.

the two are walking a pretty good distance from each other, and it doesn't make emersyn feel great, but better than she'd feel if they were all over each other. "emersyn, hey! why didn't you tell anyone you were heading out to la?" celia greets ever so enthusiastically.