thirteen

-

XIII
she's not yours !

-

( TW ! mentions of puking ! )

»»———-real life———-««

chris was struggling to tie emersyn's hair up into a ponytail. "emmy, please, sweetheart, stop moving so much!" he whined, catching the lose strands that were beginning to fall back into her face.

emmy couldn't even gather her response, let alone stop vomiting enough to talk back to him.

the bathroom door opened and elesia entered, waving her hands around dramatically. "chris, what the hell are you doing? tie her hair back!" she cried, falling to her knees beside the two and taking ahold of em's hair in her fist.

"i was trying! i just. . .couldn't figure out how to do it." he sighed, leaning back against the bath as el slipped her hair tie off her wrist and put em's hair up.

"yeah, let it out." she held her steady above the seat as em slowly began to puke less and less. "how much as she had?"

chris couldn't answer, and was instead interrupted by another figure entering the bathroom. matt looked to be the most sober person in the house, yet still carried a solo cup in hand. "what the fuck?" he asked. nearly immediately, he was dropped beside the two girls, his hands on emersyn's shoulders. "how much have you drank?"

finally, em sat upright, reaching up and flushing her insides down the drain before wiping her mouth. she gave him a bitter look. "don't act like you actually care. just say it, i know that's what you're waiting for."

matt ran his fingers through his hair, his eyes narrowing. "what're you talking about?"

"i can't fucking handle my alcohol. you called it."

the boy sighed, and he shared a look with his brother behind him. "you really took that to heart, huh?"

em scoffed, cringing at the sour taste still left in her throat as she pushed his chest away in order to stand. "fuck off." she spat.

elesia backed up and chris leaned against the door to get out of her way as she past, giving both the girl and his brother looks.

em found her way down the hall, to her dismay, matt following her trail. "emmy, when i said that my intent was not for you to get shit faced."

lazily, em flung her arm around the stair railing, tripping on the first step as she did so. she yelped, her ankle rolling as she bumped into someone that was leaning on the step below her. before either her or the other person had any time to move, a hand was already snug around her waist, pulling her back up to stand right. it didn't take any time for emersyn to realize just who'd saved her. "sorry," she turned her attention to the boy on the step below her, whose face was red with alcohol and hair wet with sweat.

the boys eyes darted between matt and emersyn, and then looked down as matt released her waist. "uh, yeah. no— no problem." a moment of silence washed over the three uncomfortably. "hey, uh, you're cameron's friend, emmy, right?"

even over the loud music, emersyn could hear matt let out a scoff. "her name's emersyn." he mumbled.

em swallowed her gross-tasting spit, nearly gagging on it. maybe she shouldn't have had four shots in a row with nick. but, that was a problem she'd be dealing with in the morning. "uh, yeah. that's me." she said.