twenty three

-

XXIII
i said no !

-

»»———-real life———-««

emersyn,  with a handheld lighter in her hand as she pushed through the now crowded living room of the air bnb. she reached the corner of the hall, where the loud speaker had been blasting some sort of patty music. "people, people!" she climbed up onto the coffee table, her arms flailing. she swore to herself she wouldn't be drinking tonight. however, after watching quinn jump onto matt's back giggling, her walls broke almost instantly. the crowd of people quieted, their attention fixed on the girl. "most of you should be aware that the sole purpose of this party is to celebrate our dearest triplets hitting one fucking million subscribers!"

the crowd cheered at this. "i'm so fucking proud of you guys, even you, matthew." she wiped her mouth with the back of her palm. "watching you guys go from twenty-five thousand to one mother-fucking million has been the greatest thing i've yet to experience as a human being person."

matt was sat on the couch, a solo cup of root beer in his right hand and his left holding his weight against the fabric. he looked solemn. almost mysterious. he watched her through his ruffled hair, his eyed peering. he looked un-still and calm, but he also looked alert, like at any moment she'd slip and fall and he'd have to spring into action.

emersyn met his eye, her intoxication howler over the emotion she should have been feeling, which was nervousness. "even, you matt." she lazily raised her pointer finger at the brunette boy, her words slurring. "especially you, matt." the crowd laughed a little.

em's hand hit her side just as she nearly slipped from the tabletop. someone caught her waist though and pushed her back to stability. "thank you," she looked down to see who it was. "wyatt!" she exclaimed.

immediately, she forgot about her speech to matt and the boys and jumped down the coffee table. "oh, my gosh!" she said, her arms tossing over the blond boys neck. "what're you doing here?"

before wyatt could answer her, cameron cleared his throat loudly from the kitchen. emersyn gasped, pushing out of the power grip she'd kept on wyatt. "oh, shit!" she yelped, her drink spilling over the brim of her cup.

"let's sing, guys. come on, sing!"

the group of people began to belt out the tune, all laughing and making silly sounds as cameron and nate entered the room, causing the crowd to part ways for them. the both held apposite sides of the self-designed cake. the triplets faces were drawn at out the frosting. emersyn, of course, picked this out. she moved over to the cake as well, her lighter in hands and quickly lit the candle before the boys could get to it.

the guys stood up, gathering around cam and nate as the song finished. nick clapped his hands together, the biggest grin on his face. "oh, my god, this is so cool!"

em interlocked her fingers, giddy with excitement. "make a wish!" she told them.

chris and nick wished for something realistic. like, hitting another million subscribers. however, matt only had one thing to wish for. he wished for her.

wyatt had occupied emersyn's attention for well over an hour. he stood, leaning against the kitchen counter next to where emersyn sat. he served her shot after shot, watching as she shot them down like nothing. matt had seated himself on a pull chair in the living room, right in front of the kitchen doorway. he was in perfect shot to see them. watch as she threw popcorn kernals into the air for him to catch in his mouth, listen to her giggle. he was fuming.