nineteen

-

XIX
i'm suffering far more than you are !

-

»»———-real life———-««

em carried a camera in her hands, waving it around and laughing. the triplets had just finished their final competition, which had been a mix of everything they'd already competed in. chris had just won. "that's fucking right!" the youngest triplet jumped onto the island counter, doing a victory dance on the tabletop. "i never lose! fucking never!"

em panned the camera over to both matt and nick, who sulked in the doorway of the kitchen. to be fair, it was a pretty close call. matt was in the lead for most of the round, and only lost by just a second.

"that's so fucked." nick pouted, taking his camera from emersyn and setting it back up it's tripod on the counter. "anyways, guys. that was the triplet tournament. and a quick thank you to all our friends and family who voted and contributed to these videos." abruptly, he grabbed ahold of em's wrist and dragged her into frame. "also, shout out to our camera girl! appreciate it, kid."

emersyn laughed, tossing a wave at the camera before stepping back out of view to watch the three continue their outro. it made her smile, these boys were really good at this youtube thing. and it made them happy. she wasn't lying in her instagram caption, she was so beyond proud of them. even matt. especially matt. no matter how much the two claimed to hate each other, they still knew the other like the back of their own palms. and emersyn knew how shy or nervous or anxious matt generally got.

"i should have won every single competition. except for the flavored water one. shit tasted like tv static." matt scorned to the camera, bidding the future viewers goodbye before also stepping out of frame. nick finished up, telling the camera that by the time this video is released they'll be in LA, celebrating their one million accomplishment. with that, chris shut the camera off.

now, the four had begun to clean up the messed that had accumulated in the kitchen. nick had to grab a towel and attempt to dry off the floor. emersyn was gathering the red solo cups used for the mini-segmant of cup pong when the doorbell rang. trevor was probably sound asleep on the couch in the living room up until that point. now, the little dog squirmed into the kitchen, yelping a little in front of the door.

matt nudged the puppy over to make room to open the door. he knew just who it was waiting outside.  he pulled the door open, revealing two girls. a blonde and a brunette.

elesia had the most unpleasant look on her face, and she pushed right past matt to get into the kitchen.

"matty!" the blonde jumped into mattew's arms, giving him the quickest hug before  rolling her pink striped suitcase into the house. "i'm so excited!"

chris, nick, elesia, emersyn, and cameron were all frozen next to the kitchen island. who the fuck invited quinn?

matt tugged a forced smile on his face, his hand resting on quinn's waist. "you can, uh, wait in my room. we just finished a video and i'll be up in a second."

as soon as the girl was out of earshot, el slammed her hands against the marble tabletop. "what the fuck? since when were we inviting her?"

"mind your business, elesia." matt grabbed the roll of paper towels and began to scrub at the table. emersyn sat, her arms crossed and her heart in her throat. she could sit here and deny the raging jealousy inside of her right now, but that would sincerely be no use.