six

-

VI
think so highly of me !

-

»»———-real life———-««

chris and nick both stumbled through the hospital hallways, cameron trailing right behind them. they finally reached the front desk of the emergency room, frantic and panic looks written upon all three faces. "fairfield!"

the secretary looked up at them, completely disregarding the last name they'd just provided her with. "can i help you boys?"

chris' fingers strummed against the desktop, distraught. "fairfield! we're looking for fairfield!"

the secretary peered at him over her glasses for a second and then moved to tap on her computer. "just the floor above us and to the right of the elevator. room 217." she answered. the boys nodded a thank you and then raced to their destination.

matt hadn't really substained any injuries, so he wasn't checked into the hospital like emersyn was. and when the police arrived they decided it wasn't a major offense and the chief decided to only fine him and let him off with a warning. he wasn't arrested and his liscence wasn't taken away. thank god.

nick sped into the room first, chris and cameron only a few feet behind. "oh, my god! are you okay?"

em sat criss-cross on her hospital bed, her phone in her hand. she looked up at the three, a smile peering upon her face. but she didn't say anything, though. instead she raised her pointed finger to her lips and quietly shushed them. the three shot her confused looks, and then she pointed to the visitor chair next to the door, where matt sat. asleep. nick and camera exchanged smug looks before they stepped all way into the room.

"i think he fell asleep waiting for you guys. i don't know how long he's been out."

"why didn't he just come home?" chris asked.

nick turned to his brother, whacking him upside the head. "because then emmy would be here alone, dumbass!"

em shrugged. chris made a completely valid point. matt didn't care for her, so why didn't he just go home. maybe it was because the van was currently in the shop getting fixed after the damage of the crash. maybe it was because he felt a little guilty for being "responsible". even though it wasn't like em held him accountable at all, unlike him, she wasn't the type with withhold grudges.

"yo, are you okay?" cameron stepped forward, taking a seat on the hospital bed next to her. she moved over a little making room for him and smiled.

"i'm alright." she shrugged. "i've got a mild concussion from the impact but really not other injuries. really, i just kind of got the wind knocked out of me when he hit the brakes too hard. i'm good though, seriously."

chris smiled, leaning his side against the other side of her cot. "good to hear. you scared the shit out of us, em."

"where're your parents?"

"they're still out in texas, visiting their friend. they said they could get a flight but i told them they don't need too and the hospital said i could leave as long as i have an adult check me out. i was hoping you guys could call mama sturniolo?"

"don't ever call her that again." nick laughed, pushing his hair from his face. "but, yeah. she's here, she drove. she's probably on her way up right now, we all just kind of. . ."