forty two

-

XXXXII
miscommunication ruins relationships !

-

»»———-real life———-««

matt is pacing his room back and forth rubbing his sweaty hands together. honestly, he has no idea what to do in this situation. he's been sitting in his room thinking. thinking of all the ways he's tarnished his chances with the only girl he's ever really loved.

he's never really gotten emotional in a relationship, like ever. but after seeing emersyn cry right in front of him, he wants to die. he wants someone to stab him four hundred times with the point of a stapler and bleed out. he's never felt worse in his life. and trust, he's made dozens of mistakes before. first being making her hate him at all. second being making out with quinn twice right in front of her, but let's digress.

even through all those times, she never cried over him. at least, not to his best knowledge. but yesterday she did, right in front of him. he remembers the way water began to fill up at her tear ducks, and the way she swallowed and blinked fast, trying to push them away before he could see, but it was far too late. he'd already caught a glimpse of the one singular tear that was able to escape her defense.

he hates himself for that far more than he ever claimed to hate emersyn. now all he has to do is win her back somehow, because he absolutely does not think he can go like this any longer. the not responding to his texts, the avoiding him at school, it was driving him crazier even more in comparison to when he pretending to hate her.

she hasn't opened a single text from him since the long apology text he sent for missing golf and stuff. as of right now, he's fiddling with the phone is his hand, praying that by any lucky chance he has, she'll magically decide to text him back.

his door swings open, interrupting his pacing. "matt?"

what bad fucking timing.

celia carefully steps through his doorway, her brows knitted up. "what're you doing?"

matt gulps, the room feels on fire with invisible smoke, causing him to break into a sweat. "nothing." he says quickly. "what're you doing here?"

lightly, celia takes a seat on his bed, folding up her arms. "i didn't want to go home. my dad brought over his new girlfriend, and honestly anywhere seems better than there."

matt frowns, taking a seat next to her. "is she a bitch or something?"

celia smiles, her eyes following his. "no, actually. from what i've seen of her she's actually really sweet, my dad however, isn't the nicest when she's around."

matt exhales, and even though emersyn is still picking at the back of his brain, he allows himself to focus on celia for the time being. "oh." he says, because that's the only word he can think of.

she falls backwards, landing on his sheets. "can we like watch a movie or something? i just need an hour or two before i want to go home." he understands, he wouldn't want to go to her house either. because honestly if he did, he'd absolutely feel tempted to sock mr. rathaway in his stupid fucking face. but he doesn't want to do that, because mr. rathaway is way bigger than him, and he'd definitely get beat the fuck up afterwards.