65. Me-of All People!

I quickly sat up, taking off my mask and probes and I waited for her to wake up which didn't take long. She got up and did the same but when she stood up, she fell back down because she got up too quickly.

"Be careful," I told her, getting up and walking towards her. She put her hand up telling me to not get any closer.

"I'm fine. I just need a minute." She tried standing up and was successful this time. She made her way to the couch to grab her coat and purse and made her way towards door. "I gotta go. Thank you. Bye!"

The door closed behind her and I turned to look at Bondy and Larry who were just as confused by her sudden change in demeanor.

"I've got loads of questions for yous but let me clean up first."

Cleaning up is usually no problem but I was annoyed as I wanted to tell them what happened right away but I had to wait. If I tell them now, I'll lose track of time and never clean up. I saved the experiment and shut down the computer. Next, I unplugged the probes and quickly wrapped them around my hand and I packed them away. Once I was done, I grabbed my chair and pushed it so I was sat between Bondy and Larry. I crossed my legs and shook my foot.

"This is a long story but I need to start at the beginning. I woke up on a grassy field with a lake in the distance. The lake was calling me so I walked towards it and noticed Florence and a witch sitting on a large rock talking in the distance. Florence asked the witch about three wishes and the witch got offended saying she wasn't a genie. It seemed like Florence was lost and desperate for answers. She kept looking around as if she was looking for me but I stayed hidden. Once she was sure I wasn't there, she told the witch she was confused about love. The witch asked her what was so confusing about it? The witch advised her to turn off her mind and listen to her heart...and to get her a frog," I explained. Bondy and Larry were confused by that last part so I continued.

"It was a weird dream!" I said, as if that explained things. "But anyways, Florence did as she was told and went in the lake to find a frog. She saw one on a log in the middle of the lake and swam towards it. She eventually caught it but it slipped away. The witch laughed at her and then somehow got a frog in her hand so she told her to get out of the water. The witch told Florence to kiss the frog, ya know, like in that fairytale to find out who he is. 'He' being the one she's in love with.

"So she kissed the frog and this was where it got really weird. I was watching her from a distance and then she was suddenly kissing me. Like how on earth did I get from Point A to Point B so quickly? She opened her eyes and we were surprised to be staring at each other. She asked if I was the real Van or dream Van and I told her it was me. She asked me what I saw and I told her and she began panicking, telling me to get out of her dream. And when she woke up, she just stormed off." I uncrossed my legs and leant forward to rest my elbows on my thighs, waiting for them to say something.

"So what do you want to know?" Bondy asked calmly.

"I want to know what it means."

"What do you think it means?" he asked back.

"I dunno! Frogs are disgusting little creatures. She must find me repulsive."

"But then you appeared meaning that you're her handsome prince. Ya know...like that fairytale."

"So you reckon being a frog is a good thing?" I questioned.

"I mean it's better than being a toad," Larry added.

"I can write the meaning of the dream on your forehead but it won't go through your thick skull," Bondy lectured.

At that, I closed my mouth. She fucking fancies me. Me—of all people! And now everything makes sense. The reason why she wanted to go under my dream was not to find out about Clara. She wanted to learn more about me. And she tried to bait me by saying why don't you go under my dreams and find out? Because she knew that would make me curious. And now that I know how she truly feels about me, she's running away. I don't think she expected to be exposed like that by her own dreams but she couldn't help but be curious.