Sandella Riffs

Ever since the albatross came, Pix has cared for Sandy or the kid, quite deeply. It's been almost 2 years thus Sandy knows a few words like 'come', 'dada', 'food', 'milk', and 'water'. Pix has constantly been worrying and screaming 'SANDY NO' .  

As another day started, Pix was up early again, giving Sandy her last bottle of milk. He had run out again, cows were very rare in the desert. A squawk came from outside. He went to check the window and to his amusement, an albatross was there, carrying a note in its beak. 

"No basket?" He asked, seemingly thinking that it would bring another one, if you get what I mean.

The albatross shook its head and handed him the letter. It had the same swirly hand writing as before. Inside there was a single sentence.

"You are taking care of the child well, what is the name?" 

"Whoever wrote this must be tiring you out," Pix sighed to the albatross. He took a pen and wrote:

"Sandella 'Sandy' Riffs"

He gave it to the albatross and it flew away.

"Well that was weird." Pix sat down on a chair, looking at Sandy. It felt like yesterday (not) that she had been brought to him. "How about a visit to Uncle Joel, shall we Sandy?" He asked, carrying Sandy into his arms and smiled.

After a long journey with Sandy constantly crying, they had reached Mezalea. 

"Quiet Sandy, alright? He doesn't have to know." Pix told her, gently rocking her basket to make her sleep. Eventually she dozed off and he went to Joel.

"Pix! I haven't seen you in a while." Joel said. "Here for some milk again?" 

"Yeah, sorry to bother you. We- I mean, I don't have much cows in the desert." 

"You can get as much as you want, as usual. I'll be building, catch you later!" Joel happily told him.

Pix thanked him and went to grab some milk from Joel's enormous cow pen. Without noticing, a cow had bumped into Sandy, and that is when disaster struck.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Joel looked at Pix from the top of his build, confused. Flying down, he asked Pix what was wrong. But before he could ask, the scene in front of him made his heart melt.

Pix was cradling Sandy in his arms to stop her from crying. Silently shushing her, she went to sleep again.

"I never knew you had a child!" Joel exclaimed, a bit loudly than he should've. 

"Uh- Oh- uh some kind of albatross gave her to me and, she just came so I took care of her." Pix rambled, not sure what to do. 

"She's cute!" Joel said, coming closer. "What's her name?"

"Sandella, or Sandy." 

"That's a nice name," Joel said.

A/n IM SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN SO LONGGGG IM VERY SORRY WE HAD F2F LAST LAST WEEK ANDITS OUR EXAMS FOR THE FIRST QUARTER RN but this short stories is abt to become a long one so be prepared