NEW-Part3

Draco gasps for breath as he turns toward Crabbe's dad. "Where is mum and dad?"

Crabbe's dad nods. "They'll be along." He looks them over. "You three are lucky I was hiding around there or you three might have been mince meat."

Crabbe and Goyal enter the room. "Oh you found Draco?!" Crabbe says delightedly. "We was worried when he wasn't in the tent."

"In the tent?" Harry says. "You looked for us?"

Goyal nods. "His mom sent us to fetch you when the riot started." He explains. "We were supposed to meet back up here but you guys were missing."

"Well we are here now." Draco says. "And safe."

"Safe is what matters." Harry nods.

Narcissa and Lucius appear rattled. They only calm down once they see Draco is safe. "Oh thank goodness you are alright." Narcissa says.

"That was unexpected." Lucius says. "You three are lucky mister Crabbe happened to be nearby."

Lucius takes Draco aside and scolds him for acting a hero.

The rest of the night is pretty uneventful.

The next day they board the Hogwarts Express with their luggage. Their owls are tucked up in the baggage except for Jade's owl who liked to set up in the bag rack and watch over the teens.

"I see your bird still likes to sit up front with the people." Harry says.

Jade nods. "She is very protective of me." She pets the owl and gives it a pellet from her pocket. Which it eats happily.

"No more surprises." Draco says. "No more playing hero. This year whatever happens we will be just normal everyday teen wizards learning our spells."

Harry nods. "I agree. No matter what happens this year we should try to stay out of it."

Oh they tried, but their new professor of the defense against the dark arts was strange and decided students should be learning about dark spells and unforgivable curses.

as Halloween rolled around something changed. It was first evident when Harry and Draco saw teachers walking the halls and inspecting the floors.

The squib groundskeeper, filch, swept every hall several times over, dusted the paintings, and polished the statues.

The day before Halloween house elves could be found wandering the halls using magic to make sure everything was spik-n-span.

"Odd isn't it?" Draco says. "Something is definitely going on." He glances around. "Is that dobby?"

Harry turns and sees dobby with three enchanted brooms cleaning the ceiling. "Dobby?"

Dobby turns to them, dropping his brooms which clatter to the floor. "Oh mister potter!? And young Malfoy." Dobby bows slightly and then scurries over to them. "Can I help you?"

"What is the meaning of all this cleaning?" Harry asks.

"We have special company coming." Dobby says. "The kitchen elves have agreed to help Hogwarts impress its special guests."

"Special guests?" Harry asks.

"You work for Hogwarts now?" Draco asks.

Dobby nods. "Oh yes. Albus Dumbledore employees us homeless elves. We work in the kitchens we do and in return he offers us a home. Dobby was hired by Dumbeldore for a salary." He smiles proudly. "We much enjoy our work here. We are glad to make a difference."

"You've been here this whole time?" Harry asks.

"We are very good at sneaking." Dobby replies. "We are the ones who clean up the dorms and organize and keep things tidy. Also we make all the meals." He smiles brightly. "And best of all nobody is mean to us." He looks at Draco then back to Harry. "Helga Hufflepuff started the idea of house elf employment."