Chapter 6: The First Task

"Dragons!?" Harry says eyes wide. "what do you mean dragons!?"

"I saw them Harry in the forest there was dragons in cages." Jade replies. "this tournament is shaping up to be very dangerous Harry. If dragons are the first task I hate to see what the second and third task will be."

Harry leans back in the leather seats to think about all this news for a moment. "alright... so dragons is a thing..." Harry grumbles and glances around the room. "I should probably tell Cedrick. Since we're both Hogwarts champions and Krum already knows I think it'd be only fair." He looks at Jade. "you're the white wolf... I never would have guessed."

"yes I know it's very confusing Harry I'm still trying to deal with it myself." Jade replies.

"it's really neat." Harry chuckles. "actually I was thinking I might become like that myself but the O.W.Ls aren't till next year."

"that's true." Draco frowns. "but even though it is very far I should probably start studying all I can for it."

"we can study for the O.W.Ls after we find out how to best a dragon Malfoy." Jade replies. "Don't worry Harry will do what we can to give you a leg up."

"we'll be behind you every step Potter." Draco smirks.

"thanks guys that means a lot but..." Harry puzzles for a moment. "I think I would like to do this myself. You both have your own studies to worry about and I have mine on top of the Tournament I'll be fine."

"well we'll still be here if you decide you need us Harry." Draco replies. He then turns to Jade and after a moment of thought he sighs. "alright Jade... I'm only going to say this once..."

"hm?" Jade questions looking at Draco.

"Krum is awesome... he's very popular and he's famous I'm sure girls are just dying to be on his friend list... and it's really unfair of me to say you can't talk to him so..." he pauses for a moment. "I don't care if you talk to Krum... just be very careful ok."

Jade smiles. "It's only until the Tournament is over." She replies. "Once the other schools leave things will be normal again."

"that's true." Draco nods. "I am sorry I got nosey I guess I really am just a little bit jealous."

"of course you are." Jade replies with a small chuckle then she stands up and makes her way towards the dorm rooms. "I'm going to head in for the night. See you boys in the morning."

"night." Harry and Draco both call after her but they stay on the sofa.

"you've changed quite a bit since that first year Malfoy." Harry smirks. "the past Malfoy would never apologize for anything or admit to jealousy."

"well..." Draco turns a bit red embarrassed that Harry had noticed his shift in personality. "it's mostly thanks to you and Jade that I have been able to change my attitude towards people." Draco replies. "Potter..." he glances at Harry. "I very much like Jade but I haven't the nerve to tell her."

"you told your dad." Harry replies. "it's the same thing right?"

"no it isn't..." Draco frowns. "I told my dad I like her and that it was a mutual feeling to her as well, but we both know I only said that so my dad wouldn't try to force her to join the death eaters. Telling somebody you like them and meaning it at just the right moment is very different then saying how you feel to get out of bad situations."

"well you've got a life time to figure it out." Harry chuckles. "don't rush yourself." He glances at the steps and sighs. "you can go to bed if you want but I'm going to go ask Hagrid for some information about dragons... after all he's the beast master if anyone knows about dragon's it'd be Hagrid."