New-Part4

So Jade met with Victor. The two had an innocent discussion about Hogwarts classes and spells she knows. He told her how his school practices the dark arts as part of their curriculum and about how only pure bloods were permitted to go to school there.

"If you ask me it's a very close minded way of thinking." Victor says. "You, for example, are wasting perfectly good talent here, you should transfer to Durmstrang."

"I don't have a family of my own." Jade says. "I am living with the Malfoys for now but once I turn 17 they will most likely kick me out and then I will have nothing." She frowns. "I was raised in a muggle orphanage."

"Oh, a no blood." Victor nods. "You would have had to take many tests to prove you were a pure blood in order to join Durmstrang." He glances toward the lake. "So how did you find out about your blood heritage?"

"Snape performed a family tree ritual and found out I was the blood daughter of Rabastan Lestrange. My mom descended from the Gaunt family which makes me a pure blood." She says.

"Lestrange and Gaunt?" Krum nods. "Very powerful."

Jade nods. "Everyone keeps telling me that but I didn't know any of my family." She says. "And anyone who does know them thinks they know me. They all seem to know more about me than I do."

"What other spells can you do?" Victor asks, changing the subject because he could tell she was getting upset.

Jade pulls her wand from her pocket and points at a flower on the ground that was drooping a little. Without a word the flower turned upright and bloomed with pink petals.

"Non verbal spells." Victor says. "Very cool." He does the same thing with a different flower. The flower blooms white. "I don't let my emotions get caught up in my spells." He says. "As long as you don't have a feeling the petals will remain their natural color."

"Mine are always pink." Jade says. "But I don't think the color chart was very accurate. it said pink meant happy but Blue was sad."

"That is not accurate." Victor says. "Blue is loneliness. A feeling one gets when they are surrounded by people but they feel isolated. The brighter the blue the more isolated the individual feels."

"Loneliness." Jade frowns. She thought back to when Draco had made her practice flower bloom her first year. It had been Blue, hadn't it?

"Pink is happy." Victor says. "But it is much more complex than simply being happy at the time. The brighter the pink the happier the individual." Krum says.

"So if I had a friend who did this spell and the flower turned Blue?" Jade says.

"That person would be Lonely." Victor nods. "Whomever it is must have a secret that makes him feel like an outcast even among his friends."

Jade thinks deeply about this. There is more conversation and eventually Jade reveals she can be an Animagus.

"That's a very advanced spell for a third year." Victor says. "It's amazing that you can do that."

"I was told it was a strange transformation though. My memory fluctuates when I am in animal form. Sometimes I remember what I have done and sometimes I forget everything."

"You should talk to Johnny. He can be an Animagus as well. He can probably help you with your memory issue." Victor says.

Jade nods. "That would be great."

Draco and Harry had been watching on the marauders map from the dorms and had seen that Jade was still talking to Krum outside.

"What do you suppose they are talking about?" Draco asks.