NEW-Part 7

Harry was just glad to have survived his dragon encounter. He held his golden egg up for the crowd of Slytherin's who praised him for making their house look good by managing to win the event.

Draco and Jade were of course nearby celebrating with the rest of the room although due to the huge crowd they couldn't get a word in.

From the back of the crowd someone yelled. "Open it?!?"

Harry hadn't tried opening it yet. It was supposed to be a clue right? Something to help him figure out and plan for the next task. He decided to oblige the person who had made the outburst. He twisted the top of the egg and it hissed as it opened up.

The students didn't even have a chance to quiet down for the clue before there was a bursting loud noise. A screech erupted from the golden egg so loud and piercing that all of the people present covered their ears against it.

"Turn it off!?" Wailed numerous Slytherin's. "Make it stop?!"

Finally Harry closed it. He turned toward his friends. "What was that?"

"Banshee?" Draco suggested.

Jade shuddered. "Whatever it was. It sure didn't sound friendly."

"Well we have a few months to figure it out." Harry says. "The next task isn't until February."

Time skip

Harry and Draco are enjoying a meal and talking about their holiday plans when Professor Snape strolled over to them. "Potter, Malfoy." He starts.

Draco nods. "What professor?"

Snape crossed both his arms and glanced down the table to make sure nobody was listening. "I don't suppose either of you are aware about the yule ball?"

"Ball sir?" Harry questions.

Snape nods slightly. "A dance mister potter." He glances over them. "I was asked to hold a meeting with the Slytherin students but... this sort of thing isn't really my cup of tea." He mumbles.

"A meeting?" Draco questions.

"Students planning to attend the yule ball will need to learn to dance and of course they will need to know what the traditions are." Snape replies. "I expect you both to spread the word. I will meet students in my classroom. Anyone who is late will not be permitted to go so I expect you two to show up on time. Am I understood?"

"Yes sir." They both say in unison.

As he strides away Harry and Draco face each other, both of them with the same question in mind. What exactly was a yule ball? Neither of them was aware that Hogwarts had dances let alone something that sounded so important. Harry was actually sort of sure someone had mentioned it before although he hadn't really been listening.

Well the next day they got their answer.

McGonagall stood before the students waiting for everyone's excited chattering to die down so she could speak. Harry and a handful of Slytherin's, including his friends, all arrive seemingly last but as they get situated Hermione and Ron enter the room.

Harry could tell she was slightly upset, most likely because she was late and she hated to be late to anything.

"Miss Firegem..." McGonagall says pointing and waving her hand dismissively. "You're too young dear. Only fourth years or above will be attending unless asked by an older student."

A handful of people left because they realized they were not old enough to attend the ball. Jade frowns to herself and starts to head out

"Wait..." Harry says.