NEW- Part 5

Harry makes his way to the common room. As he enters Jade and Draco start on their way out. They stop when they see him. "There he is." Jade says

"So what happened?" Draco asks. "Did they say you can't compete?"

"Worse." Harry mumbles. "They said I have to compete."

Draco scowls. "I just don't understand. How could you do something like this and not tell me?"

Harry stares at Draco. "You must have lost your mind if you think I did this on purpose."

"Lost my mind?" Draco grumbles, crossing his arms. "You must be barking mad." He points at Harry accusingly. "Tell me straight. Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?"

Harry takes a deep breath and looks him in the eyes. "No. I did not put my name in that cup."

Draco stares for a moment then he puts his finger down and his expression lightens. "People have died in these tournaments. I figured you'd have to be mad to enter yourself into such a thing, but I had to make sure." He turns to Jade. "Alright, give him the book."

"Book?" Harry questions.

"It's all about the tri wizard tournament. When it was founded and why it was cancelled. There are some great examples here of things you may have to face." Jade says.

"Where was this?" Harry asks, accepting the book.

"It was in the restricted section." Jade replies with a smile.

"She has a pass now." Draco says. "McGonagall signed it yesterday to allow her extra studies for her remedial class."

"Speaking of which." Harry nods. "You have been taking those extra classes with McGonagall for three years now. How is it going?"

"I'm learning a lot." Jade says. "Magic comes easily to me now. Victor and his friends have been helping me a lot too."

"Wait." Draco mumbles. "You never mentioned learning spells from the Durmstrang kids."

Jade frowns. "Do I have to run everything past you before I do it?"

When he doesn't offer a response she huffs and walks away.

Draco frowns after her. "What's her problem."

"You're being jealous." Harry says. "You're going to make her hate you."

Draco glances at Jade who was just disappearing into the dorms. "I don't like that Krum, but every time I tell her not to hang out with him it comes out as some jealousy drama and she gets annoyed."

"Have you tried just letting her do whatever she wants?" Harry asks. "She isn't yours to control."

Draco nods. "I can't let it go. She spends more time with him and his friends then she does with us."

"But she doesn't need to know that it bothers you." Harry says. "if you never tell her it bothers you then she will think all is well and in turn won't have a reason to be mad at you."

The two then study from the book Jade had gotten and in doing so they both realize it was much worse than either of them could have imagined. The tournament had killed so many people and injured even more, they couldn't understand how something so cruel could have been resurrected.

"This is insane... even judges have been caught up in the crossfire. I can understand the age rule but how would they think bringing it back would even be a good idea?" Draco asks.

Harry didn't have an answer but he could feel himself getting more and more anxious. With tasks this bad in the past, what on earth could he possibly face in the present.