𝟐𝟎

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 : swearing

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘
𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙜 : swearing

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"I'll just take a taxi on the way home, are you sure that you'll be fine staying a little longer? With him I mean

"I'll just take a taxi on the way home, are you sure that you'll be fine staying a little longer? With him I mean..." The brunette muttered the last part as she tilted her head aside.

"I'm sure! you better get home or else nanny will get angry at you again, having you taking care of the kids won't be a problem because nanny will be with you at the times you need." Y/n reassures her as she looks at the back of her shoulder to see Loid looking at them.

She turned her head back to her as she took a deep breath.

"Ok then... be sure to be back before 10 ok? Just call me if you need anything!" She smiled.

"Thank you Kana, now go on now!" Her friend waved. Y/n then lets her hand fall to her side as she turns her heels to walk up where Loid is standing.

"Is there anything else that we need to talk about?" The h/c-haired girl asked. Loid scratches the back of his nape as he looks down at the girl with nervous eyes.

"It's just... what you've said earlier, it's quite bugging me."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Y/n's POV
FLASHBACK

"There aren't many people in the agency are there?" Kana asked Loid as her eyes glided across the hallways of the building.

"It does, Ms. Sylvia and the others don't recruit members that quickly. They hardly even scout people to join the agency ever since some random person almost tried to kill one of the best employees here." Loid explained.

"Hey, uhm. Hate to ask but where are the restrooms?" Kana felt herself tingling. I looked at her with an amusing smile on my lips.

"It's just a 3 minutes walk, we could walk there if you would like-"."GOD DAMMIT! JUST TELL ME THE DIRECTION-"."The next hallway to the right and onto the 6th door." Loid says hurriedly.

After that, Kana sprinted to where the restrooms were.

"She sure is very demanding isn't she?" He chuckled. I only nodded in response; putting my hands in my pockets as we stood there waiting for Kana to do her business.

There was a silence between us for a moment. Until Loid opened his mouth to speak.

"About this whole thing... I didn't know you're much of a detective at first, it's kind of surprising." He cleared his throat while fixing the hem of his sleeves. I turned my head to him and I gave him a small smirk.

"Same as you. I couldn't care less but being a spy? I didn't take you as a person to take such a dangerous job, Loid." I snorted. He just looked at me for a while before turning his head away from me.

Again, there was another silence.

For a moment I thought of starting a conversation. But thinking of the situation that happened back at the office. All I could think of is Anya. What if the mission has come to its end? What would Loid do to her? What about Yor? I'm pretty sure she's also clueless about Loid and all. Or maybe she does know something...?

I was snapped back out of my thoughts when Loid spoke beside me.

"The mission, it's very risky, you know? Have you ever thought of backing out?" He blurted out. I pursed my lips together as I looked at the ground thinking of an answer.

"I know what the risk is. But, I've been through shits like this for years now so I guess I kind of has gotten to it anyway. Thinking through it, I've never gone back out to any of the missions I have taken. I'm guessing you're doing the same thing. I've heard you haven't failed a mission ever since you've joined here." I paused for a moment as I then continued.

"Having the opportunity now to save more people just makes me happy, you know? I risked my life just to make those people live. I've done those a few times... Now that you're also my partner, It's also my responsibility to keep you safe when you're in deep shit."

This made Loid shoot a look at me as I noticed his hand is formed into a fist, knuckles turning white as a ghost.

"I don't need any of your assistance when it comes to my death bed at some point. Let fate do its own thing."

"Fate, you believe those?" I let out a laugh. He didn't give me a response.

I just shrugged my shoulders as I gave him a small comment. "I don't believe those if you would ask me, sometimes. People could make their move to change the future itself. You just have to wait for itself to put where or what you wanted the events to happen."

"You're not alone in this Loid, I know we've only known each other for a couple of weeks but trust me. If you and I work this out together without being killed throughout the mission, we'll surely go through this just as a piece of cake. But, if we're so unlucky. Then one of us won't be able to come back alive. Don't regret making your decision. Always save the biggest portion of people other than saving just one person to live. So always remember that you aren't alone in this one Loid, Me and the others are here to support you."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

3rd person's POV

"You just made me stay just for that?" Y/n let out a low chuckle. For the first time, Her statement made his heart skip a bit. Without realizing he can finally feel himself breathe properly.

"If it's about what I've said earlier, then... don't worry about it too much! To be reassured. For the sake of the mission and the both of us. You'll be my protection, and I'll be yours. Yea?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

D

on't forget to vote! Have a good day/night!! <3

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

AUTHORS NOTE:

A bit late to publish
but here it is anyways!

𝐄𝐝𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝 : ✔
𝐖𝐨𝐫𝐝𝐬 : 1012