Peril of Darkness

Raquel's phone died. Her phone died at the worst possible moment, she let out an uneasy sigh before closing her eyes allowing for the darkness to overtake her.

Though, she had passed out. Raquel had not slipped into dreamville but instead stayed in peril of darkness with only her thoughts and feelings to haunt her, why had she been thinking about Joseline like that? What on planet Earth is happening to Raquel. 

The images of Joseline flashed in her mind, how oddly similar the two looked.

The soft-blonde hair which lay delicately on their shoulders, the pink dress which hugged their figures, and both of their piercing blue eyes that sent shivers down her spine when making eye contact she is not brave enough to hold onto. Everything was beginning to confuse Raquel in her mind now, she did not know anything about Joseline but she did know things about Barbie. 

Barbie was everything in her mind, and Raquel finally understood that she had to pick one of two things: Did Raquel want to be Barbie or be with Barbie?

***

Raquel was quickly shot out of her thoughts by a shaking of her body, opening her eyes she had hopes of seeing Barbie standing there, but she could not see much but the blonde hair bouncing and the soft hands shaking her slowly.

Raquel quickly reacted by hugging the figurine and was embraced back, but there was something off. She did not smell Barbie's perfume nor her natural scent, this was not Barbie. Raquel quickly pulled away from the embrace, confused about who this was.

Raquel was met with a pair of another set of blue eyes looking into hers, it was Joseline.