Locked Eyes

Raquel entered the school, she felt like throwing up the entire time. There was a weird pit in her stomach that seemed to grow deeper the more and more she thought about Barbie's story last night.

          She was beyond disgusted.

          Barbie had blackout drank last night with some girl named Antonia, she didn't know who Antonia was but she didn't want to find out either.

          Walking through the hallways of the school, she felt stared at and watched.

          But no one was looking at her.

          Rather everyone was around Barbie or looking at her, of course they were. Barbie was popular, Barbie was wanted. Barbie was favored. Everything Barbie did was amazing, she's a walking saint in their eyes.

          Raquel envied the attention Barbie had, but she longed to know how Barbie genuinely felt. Did Barbie enjoy the constant attention? Did she enjoy being stared at like a hawk and talked about from everything she did or has done in the past?

          Raquel was so caught up in the trance of thinking of Barbie she failed to notice the girl that was in the car with Barbie when she got dropped out, a girl who looked similar to Raquel herself but more than Raquel could ever do with Barbie.

          It seemed like the universe was mocking Raquel, mocking the lust Raquel felt towards Barbie.

          It didn't help that Ken was also within the crowd surrounding Barbie, Raquel knew she had Ken physically but did she have him mentally and emotionally? Was Ken with her like how she believes she's with him?

          Of course you can physically have someone, but are you mentally present with being with them?

          Emotionally connected to the person?

           Raquel was emotionally, mentally, and physically confused.

            She felt trapped in a cylinder of water and she was drowning, drowning in her own thoughts and emotions that she failed to see where she was going. With a quiet *thud* she fell, but not upon the ground but onto something squishier.

            Blinking a few times, Raquel looked up and locked eyes with blue twinkling ones.

          Raquel's cheeks turned pink and she quickly got up, she looked down at the blue-eyed beauty in front of her. She never saw her around school before, Raquel was so caught up looking at the girl on the ground with blue eyes she failed to notice her parted lips had begin speaking to her.

          It was only after the girl got up herself was when Raquel realize the girl had spoken to Raquen, "I-I'm sorry-" Raquel began but the girl cut her off.

         "It's okay, It's my fault. I wasn't watching where I was going, this map is confusing itself." The girl spoke, her voice drawing Raquel in with every word. She looked up at Raquel and stuck out her hand, "I'm Joseline, I just moved here from Canada."

            Raquel took Joseline's hand and shook it, "Raquel-" Joseline cut her off again. "I already know, we have Chemistry together." Joseline stated.

            Raquel's light pink blush deepened, how did she fail to see this beauty in her class?

            Joseline smiled at Raquel, just then the bell rang. Raquel let out a sigh, Joseline bent down and picked up the backpack she fell on when raquel had bumped into her and they had both fallen on top of.

            Raquel couldn't prey her eyes off of Joseline, she was gorgeous. She had the most breathtaking blue eyes and flowing blonde hair. She looked as if she were built by the Goddess Aphrodite herself, Joseline began walking towards a direction before turning around and looking at Raquel.

              "Coming?" Joseline said with a playful smile, "We have Chemistry right now."

              Raquel regained her cautiousness and grabbed her purse, "I wouldn't miss it."