Ch 7

ENJOY!

...

...

Scent of blood and sweat was heavy in the air with sound of fighting coming from a faar corner of this grand hall. The hall itself was more like an open field filled to the brim with fog.

This was the 11th floor of dungeon also known as the land of mist. Fog was heavy here all the time so much so that U wouldn't necessarily be able to tell one hand from the other. This was also known as the 'newbie graveyard' since many lvl 1s and in certain cases even lvl 2s perished here. The only thing one could rely on here to fight were senses other than sight. That said, it was relatively popular place for beginners and veterans alike. This was the place where many adventurers, even high-class ones came from time to time to train. Fighting in this sort of environment was the best sort of exercise to sharpen one's sense.

The 11th floor as a whole was only one grand hall with passageways on two sides, one connecting to 10th floor while the other one connecting to the 13th floor with centre being the monster spawn. The monsters that spawned here ranged from kobolds, Orcs, Ogres, killer insects and more so it was a relatively good place to gather large amount of experience and performing enough feet to level up for lvl 1 adventurers. This was also the reason the party of Hestia Familia had stopped here.

This place by itself had been chosen by Zoro since for him, this place was better than any other to gain some valuable experience in all fields of fighting for low levels. Right now, Bell was protecting Welf and Lily who served as the vanguard fighting monsters. Both Welf and Lily had been adventurers for a very long time, Lily for about 8 years and Welf for about 5 years but due to what they focused on, they were stuck on lvl 1.

Lily was a supporter who only helped from time to time and mostly for trimming and collecting purposes, so her stats were still low, not enough to level up.

Welf on the other hand was in a completely opposite situation. Welf could level up anytime he wished since he had already achieved the stats requirement, in fact he surpassed it. For a blacksmith or literally anyone who had falna BUT had main job something other than fighting, there were two paths to lvl up.

One was to fight and gain 'great achievement'

Second was to make something which could be considered 'great achievement'

For either, minimum stat requirement was absolutely necessary. Welf had one stat in 'S', the dexterity. He was a blacksmith of the highest calibre among lvl 1s, someone who could make armours and weapons for lvl 2 adventurers, and he had achieved such by continually practicing and making more and more and more until eventually he managed to max out his dexterity. He could lvl up anytime he wished simply due to achievement of 'making lvl 2' equipment while being at lvl 1.

His dexterity played very central part in this case since the greater the dexterity, the greater the quality of equipment so be it blacksmiths or medicine makers, all of them focused mostly on dexterity stat. There could be two blacksmiths with same lvl and same ability and technique along with same materials BUT the quality of their equipment could be miles apart simply due to the difference in dexterity. Welf had long since reached the lvl of creating lvl 2 equipment, but it was considered to be the very 'bottom' among lvl 2's. Recently he had managed to create mid-tier lvl 2 equipment and only then did he introduce it to the market. That said, his dream had always been to make an equipment standing at the top of lvl 2 since only with that could he hope to eventually reach his patron and his love interests lvl. Now of course, even with that his chances weren't even 1% but there would at least be said chance, so he was working hard.