Climax (2)

Ch 20: Climax (2)

………………………….

Peng-! Peng-! Peng-!...

Blood red and deep purple lights flashed over and over, colliding heavily with each other. Each clash caused visible shockwaves to spread around every corner.

These clashes were head-on, each containing all the power they could muster. These two combatants didn’t even blink as they threw it all down, hoping to get rid of the other once and for all. It didn’t take long, and this small ‘skirmish’ ended abruptly.

The reason was simple. They fought without moving an inch, each one swinging their weapons with full power. Every time this power clashed, their surroundings got blurred, and by now even the ground they stood on had pretty much collapsed due to a continuous stream of strong impacts.

Phryne stood on the other end, breathing heavily, watching her opponent. She was no doubt a bit exhausted but more than that, she was shocked, ‘How’s this possible?’

She had fought him once before and back then other than the fact she was weakened, the only reason he won was due to employing dirty tricks and running around. At least that’s how that battle went according to her perspective.

Regardless, when she saw him, she was shocked and overjoyed. Shocked due to the knowledge of who had attacked them and overjoyed by the very notion of being able to exact her revenge. He was the first man to have defeated her so thoroughly and the first person ever to give her the pain she never wanted to feel again. Even now that scene of having her arm getting chopped scared her. 

She wanted revenge and what could be better timing than now? Not only was she at her peak condition but she had also prepared a special trump card. Although she didn’t think she would be forced to use it still, it was better to be safe than be sorry.

So, she ran at full throttle towards him wanting to bring him down instantly, and threw as strong of an attack as she could muster but…

Clang-!!!

…her full-powered attack with all that momentum behind her was stopped upfront but it didn’t end there.

Zoro, at the point of contact, tilted his sword a bit while jumping upwards and…

Wham-!!

… delivered a powerful punch at the back of her now lowered head, burying it into the ground.

Afterward, without giving her as much as a look, he turned around… 

“You all right, Hestia?”

… looking at Hestia who was trying to get up and soon succeeded.

She looked at him in a daze and then at the abomination half buried in the ground, 

“What just happened?”

The only thing she remembered was getting pushed back by Zoro and then flying upwards due to strong wind pressure coming from where he was, accompanied by a loud sound as if something crashed into something else and that was it? Afterward, it was blank. Perhaps she had lost consciousness momentarily there.

“Nothing…”, he turned to Phryne with an amused look, “Just a wild beast.”

By now, Phryne had gotten to her feet, glaring at him with such intense glare, as if ready to swallow him at any time.

This was embarrassing. She launched an attack and was forced to grovel. Her humiliation which was already building up reached its peak with his taunting.

“SHUT THE HELL UPPPP!!” she screamed, “I sweaaarrrrr, this right here is going to be your graavvveeee!”

“Oh!” Zoro reacted as if he had just woken up, “Looking forward to it” He was not taking her seriously and this was obvious from his attitude.